Question PC turns on, no video and no sound from speaker

Aug 23, 2019
Recently my PC that worked fine decided to not show video signal anymore. At first i thought that the GPU died or some connections might be loose, but after the initial basic checks, the issue was not resolved. I get fan spins on all case fans, GPU fan and CPU fan, it just keeps running for the whole time, just no output is delivered. Steps I've tried:

• Tried a different GPU, no change
  • Tried a different monitor
  • Tried a different monitor with the same GPU using HDMI instead of default VGA
  • Tried unplugging all RAM sticks, expecting beeps from the speaker, but nothing happened.
  • Tried replacing the speaker with one that I 100% know works fine. Still no sound
  • Tried resocketing the CPU
  • Tried cleaning out all connections, dust etc. Took out the whole mobo and put it on the desk (like a testbench), with only the essential power cables plugged in (CPU power, mobo power, gpu power), starting the PC using a screwdriver and shortening the pins
  • Took out the PSU and inspected the internals, no condensators look blown / damaged
  • One condensator on the motherboard looked blown, replaced it with a new one (it was a 1000 uF), no change
  • Tried using the other PCI express slot

Interestingly enough, without plugging in the CPU Power, the PC still turns on (well, fans are spinning) and no sound is produced. Could this or a possibly damaged CMOS battery have anything to do with this? I have also noticed that the activity light on the front panel is shining 100% at all times and the power light is not lighting up at all. This was not the case when it still worked. Cables were properly connected to the motherboard front panel.

Any ideas?

It is an older system, here's the setup:
CPU: Unsure, don't want to remove the fan atm since I don't have any thermal paste at home
Mobo: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
GPU: Gigabyte gv-n96TZL-1GI (GeForce 9600 GT)
PSU: Chieftec APS-550S

Recently my PC that worked fine decided to not show video signal anymore. At first i thought that the GPU died or some connections might be loose, but after the initial basic checks, the issue was not resolved. I get fan spins on all case fans, GPU fan and CPU fan, it just keeps running for the whole time, just no output is delivered. Steps I've tried:

• Tried a different GPU, no change
  • Tried a different monitor
  • Tried a different monitor with the same GPU using HDMI instead of default VGA
  • Tried unplugging all RAM sticks, expecting beeps from the speaker, but nothing happened.
  • Tried replacing the speaker with one that I 100% know works fine. Still no sound
  • Tried resocketing the CPU
  • Tried cleaning out all connections, dust etc. Took out the whole mobo and put it on the desk (like a testbench), with only the essential power cables plugged in (CPU power, mobo power, gpu power), starting the PC using a screwdriver and shortening the pins
  • Took out the PSU and inspected the internals, no condensators look blown / damaged
  • One condensator on the motherboard looked blown, replaced it with a new one (it was a 1000 uF), no change
  • Tried using the other PCI express slot
Interestingly enough, without plugging in the CPU Power, the PC still turns on (well, fans are spinning) and no sound is produced. Could this or a possibly damaged CMOS battery have anything to do with this? I have also noticed that the activity light on the front panel is shining 100% at all times and the power light is not lighting up at all. This was not the case when it still worked. Cables were properly connected to the motherboard front panel.

Any ideas?

It is an older system, here's the setup:
CPU: Unsure, don't want to remove the fan atm since I don't have any thermal paste at home
Mobo: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
GPU: Gigabyte gv-n96TZL-1GI (GeForce 9600 GT)
PSU: Chieftec APS-550S
How long you leaving it turned on?
If it’s an older system it could be anything that just decided it’s time not work anymore.

Aug 23, 2019
How long you leaving it turned on?
If it’s an older system it could be anything that just decided it’s time not work anymore.
Thank you for your reply.
The system has been left running for around 3 hours now and still no video output. The PC booted up to windows in around 15-20 seconds every time before this issue (it's using an SSD), image being delivered in a normal time frame.

Even though it is a bit older and not my primary PC, i'd still like to figure out the cause of the issues, so i can replace the component and still use it for some time.