Question PC was working, but now won't

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
PC was working the other day, but now the ram (LED) will light up and the LED on the cpu fan will flash twice, but otherwise no activity, no mobo lights, fans wont spin etc.

To try find the problem, i did take it apart and try a few things, I am convinced the issue is to do with the power supply now, as although the fan led did not work everything else did, using a VS450 just to see. The pc is very small and thus uses a pico psu (HDPLEX 200W Direct Plug DC ATX), the power pack was tested to make sure it was working (rated 19.5v, output was 19.65), so the only remaining thing i can think of is the HDPLEX being the issue, other than possibly the connector between the power pack and pico psu. I did replug and retry the pico after successful full PSU trial, however initial problem repeated.

Ground to pin 16 (soft power switch) is rated at 5.3v on the psu through the connector however (didnt poke anything else, even though it was just a reader in case), which indicates that the connector does work, the psu is getting power, also shown by the ram lighting up and the fan attempting to light up (motherboard lights do not light up).

Is there anything else i can try? Any other potential problems? Or is the only thing left to do get a new pico and try return this one (still within the year warranty, the cpu pin adapter (pico side) clip was damaged when i got it, didnt think it would be a problem, but could it (return wise))?

Nothing out of the ordinary that i can even think of that would cause it to fail, it worked one day, the next it didn't.

Cryorig C7 rgb fan
Ryzen 3400G
Gigabyte x570i Aorus pro wifi
HDPLEX 200W Pico PSU
Trident Z RGB 3600 16gb
Silicon Power P34A80 512GB

Does it work

Reputable
Jun 3, 2017
Get a real PSU , that PICO Style won't cut it , not sufficient. VS450 is poor quality also.
It's a very small PC (208x206x87mm), doesnt have a gpu, graphics in onboard. The VS450 was just one i had lying around to test with.

Otherwise, gonna need the cheapest (smallest case (no gpu)) that can fit an sfx psu, the space the pc can fit is very limited, around 260x260x120mm area

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech