Question PC will not boot. Stuck on CPU debug light ?

NelsonTheSmith

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
I noticed some artifacting while playing a game earlier and the same problem seems to be causing some of my programs to randomly close.
I removed the GPU and ram to blow everything out with air and after putting everything back in it no longer boots. Initially the debug light stuck on the VGA light, then I cleared the CMOS and it got stuck on the BOOT light. After that I removed some sticks of ram and re pasted and re seated my CPU and now it’s getting stuck on the initial CPU debug light.
Any ideas as to what could be happening? My GPU has caused me problems in the past and I’m leaning towards thinking the issue is that it’s dying since I’m not getting any output from the GPU since I initially removed it, but everything powers on and all fans spin like normal.

Build:
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 5800X
MSI 3080 Suprim
32Gb Corsair 3200Mhz
Evga 1000w PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Power down the system and turn off from the wall, get an eraser, remove the sticks of ram from your build and run the eraser on the gold contacts on the ram(if you want you can do so for the GPU as well). Wipe it free of any eraser lint and then drop one stick onto slot A2.

As for your motherboard, you have a BIOS Flash button at the rear of the board. Refer to page 41;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C02v1.5.pdf
in your motherboard's manual to see if you can revive the system. Could be a BIOS croaking(got corrupt).