Question PC will not boot

Jul 26, 2022
Hey guys, just curious as to whether any of you could help me or not?

I left my PC on overnight to download some games, as I have done many times before, and I come back in the morning and it's fully frozen, the restart and power button would not work on a single press either. I turned off the power and left it for a while.

I came back to turn it on again and it just would not boot, it won't get past the windows logo with the spinning dots, it will sit on that screen for about 3 minutes before is automatically restarts and tries again, a boot loop you may call it.

I have tried everything I could find online. In the end I created a new windows installation on a USB using the windows media creation tool (as I have done before) in order to go to the windows recovery page. But when I go into the bios and change the boot order, or override boot onto the USB. The same problem occurs.

I decided to unplug my ssd (I only have 1 sotrage device) and try to boot into the windows installation screen without any storage devices, it worked like normal. So that made me come to the conclusion that the ssd is the problem, but I'm still not sure.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips that they could give me, I don't have the funds to take it to a shop at the moment.

Thanks in advance :)