Nov 3, 2021
I have a problem with my pc. When i try to start my pc the fans will spin, but i dont have anything on my display and the usb also doesnt work. The weird thing is, sometimes this happens, but sometimes it will just work fine . I can solve this by taking my 4 ram sticks out and taking the CMOS out for a few minutes, put the ram in different positions and then it will work, but its really annoying to do that 50% of the time i want to use my pc. Some people say i should update bios (its 1,5 years old) but i am scared that my pc will fail during the bios installation. I have ran a memcheck, and it says there are memory faults, that could be the case but i dont know which ram stick is causing the errors. My motherboard led light (white led when it fails to start) means something is wrong with the vga according to the manual.

pc specs:
b450-f gaming mobo
r5 2600
1060 6gb
16gb 3000 mhz corsair ram (4x4gb) at 2133 mhz to try and improve stability.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks

Nov 3, 2021
the issue lasted for about a month i think, the pc is stable while its running, no crashes, but there is some 'artifacts' if i can call it that. If the pc starts normally, My desktop wallpaper and my icons are completly gone, my whole screen is black execpt for the windows taskbar in the bottem. To solve this i have to open a programm or hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the whole screen to remove the black part of the screen. I haven't done any changes.

Nov 3, 2021
Okay so i have an update. I ran windows memory check 8 times. tested all 4 memory sticks, no errors. Tested the 4 ram slots on the mobo, no errors. when i test when all 4 sticks are installed, i do get an error. I also cannot run my 3000mhz memory faster then 2133mhz, because the system just crashes every time. Is it possible that my cpu/mobo cant handle 4 ram sticks? so would it be a solution if i would buy 16gb ram in a 2x8 config and just sell my 4x4 ram?

TRENDING THREADS