Question PC won’t boot, Motherboard flashing. Please help

Aug 19, 2024
Woke up and PC won’t boot

I left my PC on last night and when I woke up it was off and now won’t boot. I built this Pc in February of this year, Asrock Z690 Extreme,12600k, 3080, G skill Ripjaws, EVGA 850G XC supernova

When I would hold the power button the motherboard would flash red. I re-seated ram, tried them each one at a time, still flashing red, then I unplugged gpu, still red, no boot. I cleared cmos, unplugged all mobo cables besides 24 pin, cpu power cables, and now when I plug in the psu, the mobo flashes green, still no boot. From what I read online this means mobo is getting power from psu? The asrock manual seems to be absolutely no help.

The CPU, DRAM, BOOT, and VGA leds on the bottom right of the mobo were never on during this process.

I’m thinking it’s either the PSU or motherboard. Some guidance on what to do next would be appreciated.

Btw, this is my second build and I haven’t had any problems with this build or my last up until now. Also no overclocking at all, ever. I’ve also tried a couple different wall outlets.

Woke up and PC won’t boot

I left my PC on last night and when I woke up it was off and now won’t boot. I built this Pc in February of this year, Asrock Z690 Extreme,12600k, 3080, G skill Ripjaws, EVGA 850G XC supernova

When I would hold the power button the motherboard would flash red. I re-seated ram, tried them each one at a time, still flashing red, then I unplugged gpu, still red, no boot. I cleared cmos, unplugged all mobo cables besides 24 pin, cpu power cables, and now when I plug in the psu, the mobo flashes green, still no boot. From what I read online this means mobo is getting power from psu? The asrock manual seems to be absolutely no help.

The CPU, DRAM, BOOT, and VGA leds on the bottom right of the mobo were never on during this process.

I’m thinking it’s either the PSU or motherboard. Some guidance on what to do next would be appreciated.

Btw, this is my second build and I haven’t had any problems with this build or my last up until now. Also no overclocking at all, ever. I’ve also tried a couple different wall outlets.

completely turn off the psu from the rear unplug all usb devices and remove power cable

hold the power button for 1 minute
the pc may spring to life for 1 minute this is normal fans may spin

what this does is remove all power from all components drains all the motherboard caps.

make sure your ram is in slot 2 and 4 ( second slot from cpu cooler and last)