Question PC won’t turn on at all after updating BIOS with q-flash ?

Nov 16, 2022
Specs: R5600 Msi Ventura 2x rtx 3070 Aorus b550 pro EVGA 600w Corsair case
So I just recently got some new parts for my pc(mobo,cpu,gpu) and I was building it normally. I read from the product page that I need to flash my motherboard to use a Ryzen 5000 cpu so I used the q flash button thing. I plugged in the motherboard with the psu, then inserted the usb and the led for the usb lights up good, pressed the q flash button then everything seems to be fine.

The q flash led Lits up then 5 mins later everything turned off perfectly fine. Then I went on with building my build then upon pressing the power button, nothing. Then I tried jumpstarting the motherboard but nothing works. The only indicator of it being alive is when I plug in the psu, then turn on the switch, the motherboard led flashes once but nothing . Should I RMA the board or is there a way to fix this? Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

Nov 16, 2022
At this step we can't be sure where the motherboard is dead or not.

You should try to flash the Bios with other version to see if it works.

If the flashing proceeds normally, there might be an issue with your building process or components.
can I reflash it with the cpu and gpu + other components installed? It won’t hurt any of my components right

Nov 16, 2022
Hey! Sorry for the big break period was busy with stuff. so I flashed it and it turns off normally after like 4 mins and it still doesn’t work ( the fans was spinning, cpu fans and led worked) but I noticed that the cpu indicator led was red, does this mean that my cpu could be faulty?

Nov 16, 2022
also is it possible that it is a issue with psu? Because the fans are spinning everything and I have it connected through a controller which is connected through the psu so

Nov 16, 2022
Try to reseat the CPU, the RAM then clear the CMOS again.
Hey so an update: I spent all day yesterday reseating my cpu, ram and also jump starting the psu, I then replaced my board with my old board and the power button works but I was not getting any input from the mouse and keyboard, I then switched to my old 3600 and then everything worked. I think what happened was, the q flash made the board faulty and that fried the cpu for some reason? Not sure but I’m gonna ram the board and the cpu. Thanks for your help though, kind stranger!:)

Since you’ve got your old board, silly question but what is your old board? It’s probable that your old board has a bios update available that would run your new cpu. It may be worth looking into. I’m running a 5900x on an old AsRock b350 board from 2017-2018. So maybe check into that and just return the b550 and save a few shekels.

Nov 16, 2022
My old board is a asus prime b550m-k and the bios version could’ve ran the 5600. That’s why I came to the conclusion that my cpu was fried, because there was no input from phephipherals/monitor upon installing the cpu. It’s a shame tho but I’ll return the cpu and board. Reason why I changed boards is cus the vrm on the board was terrible even with my 3600

The 5600 is only a 65 watt cpu and shouldn’t put much load on the vrm. In fact the 5700x is only 65 watts as well so should be the same story. However if you are unsure on the vrms I wouldn’t recommend going any higher.

But instead of using q flash you may attempt flashing it from the bios while the 3600 is installed in order to see if that helps.

Nov 16, 2022
do
The 5600 is only a 65 watt cpu and shouldn’t put much load on the vrm. In fact the 5700x is only 65 watts as well so should be the same story. However if you are unsure on the vrms I wouldn’t recommend going any higher.

But instead of using q flash you may attempt flashing it from the bios while the 3600 is installed in order to see if that helps.
yea that’s what I did and my 5600 wasn’t booting even with my old board. I’m gonna just rma the board and the cpu. Q flashing is lowkey scary bruh