BlackStarDark

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Well let's start with everything.
I recently built a pc for myself, the current specs are
Mb: Msi B450 tomahawk
Ryzen 5 2600 using stock cooler
16GB gskill led ram
650w Corsair GPU (borrowed from my old system)
Gtx 1080Ti
WD NvME 500GB ssd
1TB Toshiba hdd

The thing is. First days the pc was working fine. Been playing the division on a 1080 monitor with no issues.
2 days ago, when I was playing the pc froze completely with the speaker sound freezing aswell.
So I restarted my pc, and I got a "windows is trying to fix errors" message, and then a black screen. Afterwards it didn't boot, black screen first, no bios message. Then I get a no signal message on my monitor.
After restarting several times and/or unplugging my pc from the power source it does boot after a few attempts, everything works fine again.
Checked cpu Temp via software, checked every device is recognised. And nothing seemed to be wrong.

Yesterday.. the same thing, pc froze, again.
Managed to make it turn on again.

However after shutting it down normally, same thing happens whenever I try to turn it on.

PC does turn on. Mobo light is fine, GPU / fans / cpu fan and everything work fine. I just get a black screen and no bios boot. But it does boot regularly after a few attempts.

I tried plugging the hdmi to the mobo itself (gpu is still connected tho) but the pc didn't boot either.

I'm literally clueless about this. Any help is appreciated.

Oct 23, 2018
So, For me in situations like this it always helpful if you have any other older parts you can try. Do you have a different CPU of that socket you can throw in there a see if maybe it has to do with that or maybe different RAM you can try? Its hard to rule anything out if you only have that list of components to troubleshoot off of.

BlackStarDark

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Sadly it's my first ryzen build hence no similar parts available whatsoever. So I guess I either check if something is odd with my psu voltages or just take it to a repair center

lesterf1020

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
This could be a hard drive problem. Check and make sure your NVME SSD is properly secured and check if the problem occurs if you disconnect the 1TB hard drive. It could also be the PSU. The best way to test that is to simply borrow another PSU and try it.

IridescentCheese

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
I've encountered almost the same issue as yours, although the difference is regardless how many times I attempt to boot my desktop it won't work. For my motherboard mine has an "EZ Debug LED" functionality where three LED lights on my mobo will light up too show if the CPU, RAM, or GPU is the problem. Usually its my CPU or RAM that has its issue, what I would do is to "reseat" the components. Meaning I would remove the CPU from its socket and put it back on just to sort of retighten the socket, same deal with my RAM and GPU unplug then plug it back. After that my PC boots properly and works just fine. You may want to try that and testrun your PC to see if the issue will happen again.