Question PC won't boot - no signal, CPU LED is red and 00 error code ?

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
System:
Windows 10 Home 64bit
ASUS - X99-A/USB 3.1
CPU - Intel 5820K
RAM: Kingston 32GB (4x8)
PSU: Corsair RM750x (750Watt)

I have had this problem since maybe late thursday or friday where the computer has issues booting. Mind you I built this one in January and it was been booting into Windows and it was been productive ever since.

I started the computer, it lights up - fans, PSU, hdd spins everything is running but the motherboard buzzer or speaker doesn’t beep and it shows no signal on the monitor. I forced powered off via the power button on the case and wait to switch on it again and it works.

Next day I run into the same problem. I remove on of the ram blocks and place it back again and that makes it boot, show signal. Got to work on the computer that day.

I have to switch the computer again, same crap issues. I open the case and I can see the Q-Code on 00.

Checking the manual it says: 00 - not used, so I figured maybe it is D0 - CPU initialization error. The motherboards CPU LED flashing red every 9-10th seconds. The GPUs fancy lights up in sync with CPU LED.

Fans running (case and CPU)
HDD spinning

I remove the GPU, RAM and loosen up the CPU cooler and tighten it again so the socket.

Switch the computer on and it boots to Windows.

Now today. I do any of the fancy reseat of RAM or even removing the CMOS battery and still shows me the same error and this time I can’t even get to Windows.

Help?

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
How old is your psu? Is your pc fairly clean or dusty? You can use canned air and give your pcie and ram slots a good cleaning.
Inspect all your power cables & connections. Especially cpu cables running towards your motherboards.
I bought the psu in December 2021. So its dust free but I will dust off again and see.

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
How old is your psu? Is your pc fairly clean or dusty? You can use canned air and give your pcie and ram slots a good cleaning.
Inspect all your power cables & connections. Especially cpu cables running towards your motherboards.

I cleaned the GPU and RAM, The slots itself and the gold parts on the components. For the hell of it I replaced the GPU and CPU power cables as well.

I turned it on and I get the same damn 00 error and CPU led flashing. However this time I noticed something it's only the CPU fan that's running on very low RPM.

I know my PSU doesn't run since it has a zero RPM mode. I got frustrated and I looked at my arctic fan hubs that's connected 2 x 80mm fans I didn't even do anything I just moved it.

I switch it on and it goes to bios and lets me go to Windows as well. It also shows me AA for error code - system has transitioned into acpi mode. interrupt controller is in apic mode.

It must have something to do with the damn fan hub? I did some fan tuning via the ASUS AI Suite 3 (Fan XPert) while every fan is on silent mode the two 80mm fans are roaring at 2900 RPMs.

I'm going to gamble and reboot the computer and see if it's stable in terms of switching on and off. If the it is I will narrow down to the fan hub most likely broken, because it's meant to follow the CPU as source.

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
I cleaned the GPU and RAM, The slots itself and the gold parts on the components. For the hell of it I replaced the GPU and CPU power cables as well.

I turned it on and I get the same damn 00 error and CPU led flashing. However this time I noticed something it's only the CPU fan that's running on very low RPM.

I know my PSU doesn't run since it has a zero RPM mode. I got frustrated and I looked at my arctic fan hubs that's connected 2 x 80mm fans I didn't even do anything I just moved it.

I switch it on and it goes to bios and lets me go to Windows as well. It also shows me AA for error code - system has transitioned into acpi mode. interrupt controller is in apic mode.

It must have something to do with the damn fan hub? I did some fan tuning via the ASUS AI Suite 3 (Fan XPert) while every fan is on silent mode the two 80mm fans are roaring at 2900 RPMs.

I'm going to gamble and reboot the computer and see if it's stable in terms of switching on and off. If the it is I will narrow down to the fan hub most likely broken, because it's meant to follow the CPU as source.

Now it will wont boot again. And the rear exhaust fan and cpu fan they spinning the opposite direction.

As far i can see AA code is not error, rather it's a message that your pc starts booting your HDD OS.
I suggest you take it step by step to delineate the issue.
Remove all your unnecessary usb devices, even hubs and use only your mouse and keyboard to boot.
Boot in safe mode and see how it goes. If it doesn't boot, start testing your ram one by one in all slots. If it boots in all slots, that will tell something.

Iamsotired

Prominent
May 8, 2022
As far i can see AA code is not error, rather it's a message that your pc starts booting your HDD OS.
I suggest you take it step by step to delineate the issue.
Remove all your unnecessary usb devices, even hubs and use only your mouse and keyboard to boot.
Boot in safe mode and see how it goes. If it doesn't boot, start testing your ram one by one in all slots. If it boots in all slots, that will tell something.

Still won't boot :(

TRENDING THREADS