Question PC wont boot past post screen

Vilfort

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
Hello!

Im trying to help a friend, fixing his PC but i have tried all the solutions i can think and i haven't had any luck yet!

The PC wont boot past the post screen, i can get it to try an automatic repair but its just stuck there for hours and nothing happens!
I have tried replacing the SSD with a known working replacement and still the same issue! If i take the original ssd and put in another system is boots just fine!
I can enter the bios and i have tried updating with no result! Im currently working on installing a fresh bios to see if that helps. I've also tried taking the RAM out and plugging it back in.

The system was recently upgraded with a new mobo, gpu, cpu, ram and ssd. The only "old" parts is the cpu cooler, psu and a couple hdd's.

MOBO: asus rog strix b450-f gaming
RAM: Crucial ballistix sport lt 2x8gb 2666
CPU: amd ryzen 5 2600x
CPU cooler: Corsair h100i
GPU: Asus rog strix rtx 2060 a6g
PSU: Cooler Master silent pro m2 720W

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Diddly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
motherboard model is definitely wrong as that's an intel board. Please try to get the actual model and BIOS version. Check the boot order in the BIOS! Try resetting the CMOS, then try with a single RAM stick. good luck

Vilfort

Honorable
Jul 24, 2014
motherboard model is definitely wrong as that's an intel board. Please try to get the actual model and BIOS version. Check the boot order in the BIOS! Try resetting the CMOS, then try with a single RAM stick. good luck

Well that didnt work either! Any other ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS