[SOLVED] PC won't boot, PSU fan won't even start spin.

ChronoGlenn

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
Hi guys.
My system won't boot and my PSU won't even spin.

After unplug everything, I did the paperclip test, and the PSU fan starts alongside with another fan that I left plugged directly in the PSU.

I also changed the MB battery and tried turn on with a screw driver directly in the MB pin, and got the same results, nothing happens.

It's worth test the PSU with a multimeter, or if the PSU fan doesn't even starts, probably it's MB issue?

My specs:
MB: Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1
CPU: I5 2500
GPU: Gefocer 1050 TI
RAM: 2x 4gb Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Seasonic 520w
Storage: SSD

Last edited:

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2014
Saw something like this before. The pins on the ATX power connector didn't reach / make contact:

[SOLVED] - Power Pins won't work on Motherboard | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Do you have any friends / contacts who can loan you a PSU to test? Check the pins you used for the paperclip test on the connector (MB and PSU), see if they're damaged / recessed in the connectors, etc. Sometimes a pin in the ATX connector can work itself loose.

Antony

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2014
Saw something like this before. The pins on the ATX power connector didn't reach / make contact:

[SOLVED] - Power Pins won't work on Motherboard | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Do you have any friends / contacts who can loan you a PSU to test? Check the pins you used for the paperclip test on the connector (MB and PSU), see if they're damaged / recessed in the connectors, etc. Sometimes a pin in the ATX connector can work itself loose.

Antony

ASK THE COMMUNITY