Question PC Won't Boot With 32gb Installed

MASTERGRIEF

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Bought a new memory kit upgraded from 16 to 32gb. I got 4x8gb sticks, after installing them, the PC wouldn't boot, I installed them properly, rearranged them, did everything. I enabled XMP, cleared my cmos, I have tried everything in my power to fix it, and nothing. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming Wifi z370
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32gb 3000MHz (Model# CPG0000Z0RL - CPG0000Z0RP)
CPU: i7 8700k

thehutti

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
So 32GB is not working, but are the new RAM Sticks ok by themself? Do the old sticks work in all slots? Do the new ones work alone in the old slots of the previous memory?

You could test that to make sure the RAM and the slots are working correctly. If two memory banks are not working it could also be a problem with the mainboard or simply a bad mounted CPU. I would reseat the CPU in this case and maybe clean the cpu contacts to make sure the connection is not corroded(with circuit cleaning spray or alcohol but make sure not to damage any pins as they are really fragile so don't touch them) .

MASTERGRIEF

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
So 32GB is not working, but are the new RAM Sticks ok by themself? Do the old sticks work in all slots? Do the new ones work alone in the old slots of the previous memory?

You could test that to make sure the RAM and the slots are working correctly. If two memory banks are not working it could also be a problem with the mainboard or simply a bad mounted CPU. I would reseat the CPU in this case and maybe clean the cpu contacts to make sure the connection is not corroded(with circuit cleaning spray or alcohol but make sure not to damage any pins as they are really fragile so don't touch them) .
New ones work individually just fine. The old Dimms never ran in Dual Channel, only single channel, and they would sit side by side, in DIMM slot 3&4. DIMM slot one and two don't seem to run properly as far as I can tell.

DIMM slot one and two don't seem to run properly as far as I can tell.
Bent cpu socket pins most likely.

1. All modules must be from same kit or compatibility problems are possible.
  2. Take single ram module and test it in all ram slots. If it works in one slot and doesn't work in another, check cpu socket for bent pins.
  3. Check all ram modules this way. If some module doesn't work in any slot, then module is faulty.

That model number - BLS8G4D30BESBK.8FD - seems to be from individual module (not from module kit).