Question PC won't boot and the motherboard's DRAM light is blinking ?

Notsohuman401

Commendable
Dec 31, 2021
Hello everyone, im helping a buddy of mine to fix his problem , he was using his pc like usual and suddenly his pc rebooted with dram light blinking yellow. I tried using only one stick, still won't boot but the light on motherboard keeps switching from CPU to DRAM, and when I put the second ram module back in, only the DRAM light starts blinking, not the CPU one Can anyone help please?

Heres what i tried so far:
1-Trying each stick of ram individually
2- Reseting cmos
3- Checking cpu for any bent pins
4- Tried using a different gpu
5- Tried using different rams

PC specs:
Mobo: Asus Tuf Gaming B550M Plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: RTX 3060 Ti
RAM: 32GB
PSU: Cooler Master 620w

Hello everyone, im helping a buddy of mine to fix his problem , he was using his pc like usual and suddenly his pc rebooted with dram lights blinkin yellow i tried using only one stick wont boot but the light on mnotherboard keeps switching from cpu to dram and when i place the second ram module only the dram light start blinking not cpu one Can anyone help please
Heres what i tried so far:
1-Trying each stick of ram individually
2- Reseting cmos
3- Checking cpu for any bent pins
4- Tried using a different gpu
5- Tried using different rams
Pc specs: ryzen 7 5800x, rtx 3060 ti, 32gigs of ram, moba asus tuf gaming b550m plus, psu cooler master 620w

try resetting cmos

or replace the coin battery 2032 with a new one.

but i would bet its probly the power supply as its quite old as its a triple rail psu which isnt even a 620w psu really its closer to 520w on the 12 rail.

i would replace that regardless with a seasonic gx 750w gold or equivalent psu

Notsohuman401

Commendable
Dec 31, 2021
try resetting cmos

or replace the coin battery 2032 with a new one.

but i would bet its probly the power supply as its quite old as its a triple rail psu which isnt even a 620w psu really its closer to 520w on the 12 rail.

i would replace that regardless with a seasonic gx 750w gold or equivalent psu

I tried another PSU just now but still same issue 😬 im so frustrated.

Notsohuman401

Commendable
Dec 31, 2021

Notsohuman401

Commendable
Dec 31, 2021
not all boards have it but that particular one has it i tend to buy boards that have this feature its handy for when a rogue bios screws something up.
Thats pretty useful indeed emma keep it in mind next time i go for an upgrade, may i ask which bios should i download the one that says b550 bios update or the cpu specific one ?