[SOLVED] PC won't boot ?

Valini

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
My pc won't boot when I press the power button, no fans are spinning but my rgb mouse is lighting up. I had been using my system the previous night and I kind of fell asleep and left the system on, so when I woke up the next morning I didn't bother to turn it off I just kept using it so in all the system kept running for about 16 hours consistently, then a power outage happened and my system went off. When I tried to turn it on after it won't boot, so I bought a new power supply and installed it, however it still won't boot. Is it possible that it may be the motherboard? I don't want to go out and buy another part without being certain. Can you guys give some advice? And thank you in advance for any help.

Solution
Try removing everything except one memory module...plug your monitor into the motherboard video output so you're using the onboard Ryzen 3 2200g graphics. See if it will go into the BIOS.

If you can get to the BIOS screen put all of your components back in one at a time (shut down and re-start between items of course) until it fails and you've found the part causing the problem.

If you can not get into the BIOS with just 1 memory stick in the motherboard it's time to RMA the board or replace it.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if it's aged.

Valini

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if it's aged.

Oh sorry,
Cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: asrock b450m pro4
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz t-force, 2 8gb sticks.
SSD: WD blue 500gb as boot drive and a sabrent 250gb m.2 nvme
GPU: evga 1650 super
PSU: evga 500w bq

I have ruled out the power button on case as being the issue by trying to short the power switch needles on the mother board but that seems to do nothing, I even tested the ram sticks by removing them and placing 1 at a time in a different slot.I haven't tested the gpu or any other components as yet though.

Try removing everything except one memory module...plug your monitor into the motherboard video output so you're using the onboard Ryzen 3 2200g graphics. See if it will go into the BIOS.

If you can get to the BIOS screen put all of your components back in one at a time (shut down and re-start between items of course) until it fails and you've found the part causing the problem.

If you can not get into the BIOS with just 1 memory stick in the motherboard it's time to RMA the board or replace it.

Solution

Valini

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019

I did exactly as you have said and I did not get a bios post, it seems I would need a new motherboard thank you so much for you help