PC Wont POST with Videomate T750F

rdy

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
Hello,

As soon as I plug my TV Card (Videomate T750F) in the computer wont POST at all (the green LED light on the PCI Card is on as well), sometimes it will beep at me which refering to my motherboard beep codes that means memory but its basically brand new and never had any issues with ram. If it doesn't beep it just has a black screen on the monitor and nothing happens at all. If i take the card out the computer gets to POST and boots fine no problems at all.

Another outcome is that after a few tries sometimes it will POST after I have taken the card out and it will have a message on the screen saying overclocking failed yet I haven't overclocked so then i reset CMOS and it will work fine unless I put the TV Card back in.

I have gotten it to boot once, I don't really know how I was just going through PCI slots (which previously that day I had tried) and it worked, I could watch TV and everything fine. I turned off the PC and then came back to it a few hours later and it wouldn't boot like before and still haven't been able to get it to work.

I doubt its the PCI slots I have a LAN card in one of them which Ive tested in both slots working fine Ive tried the TV Card with and with out the LAN card in the machine. I have also disabled my COM port just incase it was conflicting with the TV Card's IRQ but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
Mobo: MSI K9A2 CF 790X
RAM: 4x DDR2 512mb Geil 800Mhz (2GB Total)
PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme Power 550W
Videocard: ATI 3870 512MB

Edit: I have tried using the power patch lead and not using it, when it did work i wasn't using it.

rdy

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
Okay so I took the card back to the shop and he tested the TV Card in two different computers numerous times and they worked fine each time.

So does that mean my computer has a conflict somewhere with that card that I'm not aware of? I'm thinking maybe its the PSU but as said in the TV Card's manual if the PSU has a conflict the green light on the TV Card wont turn on when there is power to it, so maybe its not that..