[SOLVED] Pc won't post

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
My old rig died this so a bought a new parte that Just arrived But Pc Simply won't post.

CPU: Ryzen 3700x

Cooler: stock

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra x570

RAM: Corsair vengance 2x16gb (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16)

Gpu: GTX 1060 6gb

SSD: pny 240gb

Psu: Corsair ax1200i

When I try to boot get stuck for awhile in the VGA led light and the get really Quick a cpu light on the moment i get the White underscore blinking on the Black screen and One time i got to the Aorus screen After that the computer shuts down and my psu turns it's Red light and won't let me try to boot It again unless i turn It Off.

Running It out of the case on the Motherboard box, already tried running olny One of the Memory Sticks, checked three times for Bent pins, did a self-test on the psu.

Video of the leds:
View: https://youtu.be/jXAI-hQgjhg

Last edited:
Solution
I think it's four or five years considering the problem on the old pc i believe it's that the psu Is more likely if there's a relation between the problems because at that time i tried to boot using the igpu and made no difference on the issue. So you guys think that a mobo or cpu issue Is less likely?
It's certainly possible.
CPU failure is much rarer. Motherboards can easily be the problem.
Also PSUs can easily be the problem, you mean the previous PC didn't boot when you removed the GPU and ran on integrated?

But if you're old system stopped working, now your new one doesn't, it's much less likely to be coincidence.

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
When you say the last PC died - what was the problem and what parts did you replace/buy new?
Equally what parts have you reused?

All X570 are compatible with 3rd Gen Ryzen out of the box.

Replaced everything But the psu and gpu I was still on haswell. One day my pc Just kept in restarting during boot some seconds After starting up still on the Motherboard screen/bios and getting q-code 70 on my vii formula that don't seem to be psu related.

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
How old is the PSU?
Agreed with Logain above. It could be either actually. I'd try a different GPU if you can.
I think it's four or five years considering the problem on the old pc i believe it's that the psu Is more likely if there's a relation between the problems because at that time i tried to boot using the igpu and made no difference on the issue. So you guys think that a mobo or cpu issue Is less likely?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's certainly possible.
CPU failure is much rarer. Motherboards can easily be the problem.
Also PSUs can easily be the problem, you mean the previous PC didn't boot when you removed the GPU and ran on integrated?

But if you're old system stopped working, now your new one doesn't, it's much less likely to be coincidence.

Solution

sys32

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
It sounds like the new hardware is doing the same thing, as the old. I would pinpoint it to your PSU, as the IGP didn't work, on the haswell system. You did try using the IGP, with the graphics card removed right?
Yes, tried the classical with the minimal to boot. The issues are a Little different But id say no post and restarting on mobo screen still are pretty similar problems. I'll try to teste with a New One and see if that fixes It. Sad that I maybe did the upgrade for nothing But at the same time It was time already.