[SOLVED] PC won't recognise any HDDs

Nichoxx

Honorable
Aug 30, 2014
PC was working entirely yesterday, went to run today, no boot drive found, disc drive working. Checked bios and it cant see the hdd, tried hdd in other computer and it worked perfectly (viewing files, didnt try booting). Tried a different hdd in first PC and it didnt see that one either. Hdd seems to be clicking sometimes and not turning on other times when connected to first pc but sounds fine with other pc. Potentially a PSU issue?? Any ideas are appreicated

Solution
Probably an issue with the port on your motherboard. I'd suppose that you'll be needing a new one, though, if you have another computer with a board that's compatible with the processor in your problem computer, I'd test the processor in the other computer just to make sure that it really is a motherboard issue. The last thing you'd want to do is spend money and have it still not work.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
Probably an issue with the port on your motherboard. I'd suppose that you'll be needing a new one, though, if you have another computer with a board that's compatible with the processor in your problem computer, I'd test the processor in the other computer just to make sure that it really is a motherboard issue. The last thing you'd want to do is spend money and have it still not work.

Solution