[SOLVED] Pc won't turn on after moving to the UK

Nov 8, 2020
Short Story:

- Basically I had my PC in Portugal (Europe) for over 3 months and it was working perfectly.
Paid a company to move my Computer to the UK since I was going to live there.
Brought my Graphics card (separated) on the plane to protect it from anything. (felt more safe)
The computer came and the fan and some cables were out of place.
I bought an adapter (Europe to UK) and when I turned on my computer and put the cables/fan in place, it wouldn't turn on at all, not even the fans or anything.
I tried most things(check if everything is connect and on, take some stuff out etc), except a proper UK power supply cable instead of an adapter and replacing the PSU (which I will only spend money after the cable failed).
This makes no sense since it was working before travelling, could the static in some way kill my computer? is there something I'm missing?

Note:

- "I forgot to say, when I connect my monitor to the graphics card, the monitor recognises that it's connected to something, so power should be going through, maybe not enough?"

Computer Specs:

Case - ATX Sharkoon LIT 200 RGB
Power Supply - Seasonic S12III Series 650W 80PLUS Bronze
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Hexa-Core 3.8GHz w/ boost 4.4GHz 36MB SktAM4
Motherboard - ATX MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Graphics Card - MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Ventus OC GP 8G
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 Gunmetal
SSD - SSD M.2 2280 Kingston KC2000 500GB 3D TLC NVMe

Last edited:
Solution
So the back fan was not secured in place. No screws or brackets? How much freedom of movement did the fan have - could it have hit something?

My first thought is that there was some rough handling involved. Some jarring or bumping that caused a break or crack someplace.

My second thought is that the PSU simply hit some threshold with respect to its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and failed.

Service voltages are in a "range". Portugal at the low end perhaps and UK maybe higher. PSU okay at "220" but "240" may have been too much.

Speculative but not sure what else to suggest.....

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Both countries use 230 voltage service - correct?

Is the PSU input voltage switch (if there is a switch) set for 230 volts?

Do any LEDs/lights anywhere on the motherboard or attached peripherals come on?

Wondering:

"The computer came and the fan and some cables were out of place. "

As if someone had physically disconnected the fan and cables and/or otherwise moved them about beyond just shifting or wiggling out of place.

Cables could do that but the fan no.

Which fan and which cables?

Nov 8, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Both countries use 230 voltage service - correct?

Is the PSU input voltage switch (if there is a switch) set for 230 volts?

Do any LEDs/lights anywhere on the motherboard or attached peripherals come on?

Wondering:

"The computer came and the fan and some cables were out of place. "

As if someone had physically disconnected the fan and cables and/or otherwise moved them about beyond just shifting or wiggling out of place.

Cables could do that but the fan no.

Which fan and which cables?

I will update in a sec.

Yes, same voltage.

No switch at all, simply turn ON/OFF.

No LED at all, looks like it's not even connected to the power, I forgot to say, when I connect my monitor to the graphics card, the monitor recognises that it's connected to something, so power should be going through, maybe not enough?

No one physically touched them since the box was sealed. It was the back fan, it was easy to put back into place.

The cables were the front cables, the only issue was with the reset cable, he doesn't go in the front, he goes in to the back, there's like a ship on the back of the computer with other small cables connected.

Ralston18

Titan
So the back fan was not secured in place. No screws or brackets? How much freedom of movement did the fan have - could it have hit something?

My first thought is that there was some rough handling involved. Some jarring or bumping that caused a break or crack someplace.

My second thought is that the PSU simply hit some threshold with respect to its' designed in EOL (End of Life) and failed.

Service voltages are in a "range". Portugal at the low end perhaps and UK maybe higher. PSU okay at "220" but "240" may have been too much.

Speculative but not sure what else to suggest.....

Solution