Question PC won't turn on unless I disconnect it from power for 5 to 10 minutes ?

Dec 28, 2022
Hello! Posting this in systems since i'm unsure of the specific nature of the problem i'm having.

My 1 year old PC's been giving me some concerning trouble lately. Out of the blue it's stopped turning on at all, without any feedback whatsoever (no lights, no fans spinning to POST no nothing at all) when i press the power button. I have, technically, found a workaround for this. In order to turn my pc on I need to disconnect it from power for about 5 to 10 minutes, and that allows it to turn on. A few finer details:

- The longer the PC's been cut off electricity, the "quicker" it turns on. Cutting it off during the night will make it turn on instantly in the morning, while cutting it off for 10 minutes will add a 1 to 3 second delay from when i press the power button to when the pc actually turns on. This has a strange "car with battery problems" feel to it.
- The first thing i tried was changing the power outlet. That didn't fix the problem.
- Cutting the PC off the electricity and pressing the power button for 30 seconds, like some articles suggest, does not fix the problem.
- The PC works completely fine when i'm using it.
- If the PC goes into rest mode, it will have the same problem (sometimes, depending how long it is in rest mode). Pressing the power button won't wake up the PC, but some lights are still turned on from the PC being in rest mode.
- I disabled Windows Fast Boot since some articles suggested that might be the problem. Problem still remains.
- I don't really have a spare mobo or psu lying around so i can't really test with that. I can however RMA the piece once I find the culprit.

This deffo feels like either a PSU problem, or some kind of mobo battery problem. But i have no idea how to test for this and hone in on the problem.

I'd appreciate some help with any kind of tests/research i can perform on it in order to root out the problem.

CPU: Intel Core i5 13600K 3.5ghz (Not OC'd)
CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Loop 240
Motherboard: MSI Pro Z690-A
Ram: Corsair Vengange LPX DDR4-3600 (2x16gb)
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (OS Drive)
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB (Main drive)
GPU: Zotac GAMING Trinity Geforce RTX 4080 16gb
PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 850W 80+ Gold (1 year old in november)
Chassis: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX
Monitor: Dell AW3418DW

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 850W 80+ Gold (1 year old in november)
Try and power the system with a PSU borrowed from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built unit.

Try and relocate to another wall outlet in your abode.