PCChips M811LU BIOS ERASED!!!

kpetree10

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Ok so here's the deal, my mobo was not correctly detecting my AMD sempron so I tried flashing the BIOS, halfway through the power surged and it shut off. Now when I boot the system I get the Award BootBlock error. I have tried dozens of boot disks with the BIOS flash stuff on it but it will not boot it always returns to the "INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" anyone got any ideas?

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
That is an old socket A mother board. It might be time for an upgrade if you can't get it working. I assume that you can not get into the bios at all? Did you try resetting the bios by shorting the pins on the mother board?

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
you need to put the right bios on a floppy, use a different computer to do so. I wouldn't try and clear the cmos, not until you get a new bios on a floppy like the previous person mentioned. if nothing works, then I guess that a cmos clearing couldn't hurt anymore. I hope that bios chip is in a socket and not soldered. I had a similar problem and bought a new bios chip with a proper bios already installed on it.

kpetree10

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
Yes I did try resetting the pins and taking out the CMOS battery. The thing is that I would like to upgrade but I really can't afford it, I just bought a new Dell notebook so this is not that big of a deal but I just want to try to get it running again.

kpetree10

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2007
I guess the real problem is that it isn't detecting the floppy as a boot floppy because I read about people who can get to an A: prompt and I can't even get to that but if I stick the disk into another machine it works fine.