[SOLVED] PCIE card for bluetooth audio from Soundblaster? Or another soundcard?

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Hi, Im a 70+ year old music and gaming fan and I have a 6 year old pc :- i5 6500 3.2 cpu, 16 gig memory, Asus strix gtx1060 6gb gpu, SoundBlaster Audigy Fx sound card on a Asus Z170K motherboard. OS is Win10.

I would like to know know if its possible to get a PCIE card that will let me connect my new bluetooth earphones AND give me decent audio - ideally from the Soundblaster card.

I tried a cheap usb bloothtooth dongle but its no good, ok for file tranfer but it gives me very poor sound quality - seems it was the onboard (Win 10?) sound I was hearing not the soundcard audio.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Solution
Hi, Im a 70+ year old music and gaming fan and I have a 6 year old pc :- i5 6500 3.2 cpu, 16 gig memory, Asus strix gtx1060 6gb gpu, SoundBlaster Audigy Fx sound card on a Asus Z170K motherboard. OS is Win10.

I would like to know know if its possible to get a PCIE card that will let me connect my new bluetooth earphones AND give me decent audio - ideally from the Soundblaster card.

I tried a cheap usb bloothtooth dongle but its no good, ok for file tranfer but it gives me very poor sound quality - seems it was the onboard (Win 10?) sound I was hearing not the soundcard audio.

Bluetooth has it's own audio processing, it does not work over the sound card. Get a not so cheap USB...
The thing with Bluetooth is it's low bandwidth, so the only options you have are lossy compressed audio. And the only way to get it from your sound card is to use something that takes an analog input and outputs Bluetooth. I would argue this wouldn't be any better than using a Bluetooth transmitter directly from USB, or it'll sound worse because of the need to do an analog to digital conversion.

In any case, I recommend looking over https://www.soundguys.com/understanding-bluetooth-codecs-15352/ and seeing if there's a Bluetooth transmitter that supports whatever codec looks appealing to you. However, you have to make sure your earbuds support it as well.

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Thanks Hotaru.hino for the swift reply, I will read it asap.
But in a nutshell is it possible to get the same quality sound from the wireless earphones as I get from just plugging my wired ones into the pc and listening to the Soundblaster audio.
I must add that at my age I have impaired hearing so don't need super HiFi quality anyway just the same as I get from my soundcard.

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Just read up on bitrates and codecs etc, understood some but not all of it.
I saw a link in the article on the best bluetooth headphones Ah Ah hundreds of UK squids! Think I will give up and just use my cheap (£30) Sony ear buds.

jimox1999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2016
Further to my above comments I fitted an Asus PC-AX3000 wifi / bluetooth card and paired my Sony ear buds with it. The audio is absolutely fine for me but the Soundblaster card adjustments have no effect on the sound now.

Bluetooth has it's own audio processing, it does not work over the sound card. Get a not so cheap USB bluetooth dongle, at least bluetooth 4.2 or higher. TPLink and ASUS make pretty good ones.

Solution