perflib event id 2002

event viewer error 2002 perflib_open_proc_timeout. following the links
says using regedit go to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\<service
name>\performance subkey.
problem one....no service name perflib. or is it under something else.
problem two....says 10 seconds is normal. registry would show 10 seconds as
0x00002710. what would be 15 seconds?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:08:06 -0800, kurmudgeon wrote:

> event viewer error 2002 perflib_open_proc_timeout. following the links
> says using regedit go to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\<service
> name>\performance subkey.
> problem one....no service name perflib. or is it under something else.
> problem two....says 10 seconds is normal. registry would show 10 seconds as
> 0x00002710. what would be 15 seconds?

perflib=performance library. Perflib is not a service. It's a file used by
the system. In this case it is keeping track of an unnamed service that is
timing out. When you get to the referred registry key, you would check all
services listed to see if they have a performance subkey. If it belongs to
a third party service, you might want to look up the timeout problem at the
support pages for that product before making any changes.

Aside: Normally perflib files automatically delete when they are no longer
needed. I have had to manually delete a stray file now and then.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi,

2) 3A98

1) perflib is a process call by a service or program, you need to know which
one in order to identify the correct subkey in the system registry.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone