[SOLVED] Performance issues on my new PC, but only on certain games

thegermanpulse

Honorable
Oct 12, 2015
Hi there!

First time using Reddit, so please excuse me if I don't post this correctly/don't include everything I need to. If I am posting in the wrong place, please let me know what to do.

I've been experiencing some frustrating performance issues with my new PC. The main specs are as follows:

GPU: Palit RTX3070

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

Storage: Samsung SSD

Monitor: 144hz, 2k

Windows 10

I've noticed performance issues a lot on FarCry 5, for example. On lowest settings at 2k resolution, I get between 45 and 70FPS. I've tried everything I could find online to rectify this, but I've had no luck. Most other games I can play on ultra graphics at 2k resolution, and cap out at 144fps without issues. Cooling is not an issue, and I highly doubt I've got a CPU bottleneck, since it's a new Ryzen 5 3600X and Farcry 5 is already an older game.

On most games, my performance is good. 2k res on Ultra setting examples below:
Overwatch, 144fps

Apex Legends, 120-144fps

RDR2, 60-70FPS

Battlefield 5, 110-140fps

Doom eternal, 144fps (up to 300fps uncapped)

Cyberpunk 2077, 70-90fps (RTX off)

So far, the games that have been performing really bad are:
- FarCry 5 (45-70fps)

- Kingdom Come Deliverance (40-65fps)

- Assassin's Creed Odyssey (40-70fps)

What I have tried so far:

- Formatting my PC and re-installing windows

- Installing all the latest game drivers

- Setting NVIDIA Graphics card to favour performance

- Increase affinity in Task manager for games to high

- Change power-management to high-performance

If you have any idea what the issue could be, your help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'm honestly not quite sure what the issue is.
I performed another benchmark for those that may need some more information.

Red Dead Redemption 2, 2K Ultra:
Lowest FPS: 8 FPS
Average FPS: 59
Maximum FPS: 85

However, other people get at least 20 more FPS overall than what I do (with the same hardware). I have no idea what to do.
Maybe if you can try another RTX 3070 of your friend maybe, and see what happens. just to make sure that your card is not faulty, even in that case its performing well in other games, just give a try.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Its a software problem and not a bottleneck, guys are getting 90fps even in an 1080p high. its a CPU heavy game but its not a heavy bottleneck at 1080p. And as for 1440p there should be no bottleneck as its GPU dependent at 1440p. just check in YouTube guys are getting 90fps with the same combo. just see its other fps issues. and change something in game files. its clearly not a bottleneck at least in 1440p. for your info benchmarks there is no performance difference between 3600x and 5600x at 1440p

Reactions: Phaaze88

thegermanpulse

Honorable
Oct 12, 2015

However, other people get at least 20 more FPS overall than what I do (with the same hardware). I have no idea what to do.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020

Maybe if you can try another RTX 3070 of your friend maybe, and see what happens. just to make sure that your card is not faulty, even in that case its performing well in other games, just give a try.

Solution