Question Periodic CPU drop frames while gaming ?

Raphaelll

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
Hello , i have this problem for months , i didn't find anything to fix it.
When i play games, i have drop CPU utilization for a second, i try many things to fix this, i search for weeks, tweaks and optimizations...... without succes.

Temps are good, 60-70 CPU while playing intense games, GPU 55-65 , CPU not reach high ultilization, i play with v-sync on, i still don't have a monitor with freesync, playing at 60 fps, periodic frame drops for 1 second, sometimes, not all the time after few minutes i have fps drop for a second and back fast to 60 fps.
If someone can help me , I appreciate in advance for help .

My specs :
Motherboard : GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE V2
CPU : Ryzen 5600X
Video Card : RX 6700 XT
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz
PSU : Seasonic S12III-650, 80+ Bronze, 650W
M.2 SSD:
Kingston A2000 250GB (Windows)
HDD/SSD : For games , media

Here is the link with exemple : FPS DROP

Lutfij

Titan
That PSU isn't exactly a good unit.

To add, what are the drives that hold your game?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Raphaelll

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
That PSU isn't exactly a good unit.

To add, what are the drives that hold your game?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
I play games only on SSD KINGSTON A400, 960GB , my motherboard bios version is the last " FE "
Another question ,i just brought another pair of 16 gb Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz right now, and are the at the same speed but latency timings are different , works but the question is , i need to put manual same timings ? Or if it works without manual changes are fine?

I have other problems with visual lag in windows for a long time, mobo is pretty new, video card the same, is pretty choppy all the time. I borrow other 700 w corsair psu to see if that makes that heavy visual lag in sistem, and behivor of pc is the same. The only component i didn't change is CPU, i think that can make problems in games with that spikes and visual lag constantly in the sistem.

Last edited:

Raphaelll

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
Hello again, i found something , can anyone tell me what problem i have? Sometimes ( pretty frequent ) my GPU clock goes down at 50mhz, 200mhz , depends, never the same, one time i had 0 mhz , in the video drop to 310mhz , and when i have that GPU clock drop i have also fps drop, from 60 goes to 52 and came back to 60 (exemple in the video) Somtimes fps goes to 34,51.... not always the same. I try to fix it for one year , no succes. Also i have 32 gb RAM now. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks !
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NiEY8LbQMo&ab_channel=Raffa

Last edited: