Question Persistent "Video dxgkrnl Fatal Error" BSOD on Gigabyte Aorus 15XE4 Laptop ?

Aug 8, 2023
Hey everyone,

I've been dealing with a recurring and frustrating issue on my Gigabyte Aorus 15XE4 laptop and could really use some expert insights to help me out. The problem starts with black screens flashing intermittently, eventually leading to a dreaded " Video dxgkrnl Fatal Error " BSOD.

Here's what I've tried so far without success:
  • Reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings.
  • Downgraded to Windows 10 to check for compatibility issues.
  • Experimented with both manufacturer drivers and the latest drivers available.
  • Ensured Windows updates were up-to-date.
  • It also occurs on log-in screen.
Despite these efforts, the issue persists. My troubleshooting attempts also led me to a dump file, where I found the nclddmkm.sys driver (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 536.99 - version number was updated after latest Nvidia driver update) implicated in causing problems.

I'm no tech expert, so I'm really hoping someone here can shed some light on this situation. It's worth noting that I've experienced this problem since the moment I bought the laptop.. I've tried reaching out to warranty repair services, but they couldn't identify the problem. Unfortunately, the warranty period is running out before I can get this resolved through them, because of the specific conditions I am in.

Any suggestions or insights into this issue would be immensely appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings
You mean you did a reset of the OS, not a clean format and reinstall of the OS? Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you install the OS in an offline mode?

Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending on the laptop. Once done, you can then use DDU, remove all GPU drivers off of your laptop then manually reinstall the latest drivers off of Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.