Hello!

I've got to switch to a new case and would kindly ask for some advice.

my build currently:
AMD 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro
GTX 1070 (to be replaced probably next year if prices return to reasonable levels)
3 3.5" HDDs
3 2.5" SSDs
420mm radiator (45mm thick) & a 1 D5-pump with a 150mm reservoir cooling CPU + chipset

So I've been looking at cases and since the Corsair Obsidian 1000D is a bit too expensive for me I've so far since 2, respectively 3 cases that look like they could be interesting for me:

• Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
  • Phanteks 719/Luxe 2

or alternatively the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 or the Thermaltake P8

but I can't really decide.

I like that with the 719 I could potentially have a HDD cage + the pump/reservoir in the front. however radiator support is only possible at the front from what it looks like? how would that fare for air flow for the GPU?
the Meshify 2 XL on the other hand I'm not sure I'd fit all my drives + pump/res inside?

anyone that can help me make decide, has some insights or can point me in some other direction?

thanks

Solution
Hello!

my build currently:
AMD 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro
GTX 1070 (to be replaced probably next year if prices return to reasonable levels)
3 3.5" HDDs
3 2.5" SSDs
420mm radiator (45mm thick) & a 1 D5-pump with a 150mm reservoir cooling CPU + chipset

So I've been looking at cases and since the Corsair Obsidian 1000D is a bit too expensive for me I've so far since 2, respectively 3 cases that look like they could be interesting for me:

• Phanteks 719/Luxe 2

I like that with the 719 I could potentially have a HDD cage + the...
Hello!

my build currently:
AMD 3700X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro
3 3.5" HDDs
3 2.5" SSDs

• Phanteks 719/Luxe 2

I like that with the 719 I could potentially have a HDD cage + the pump/reservoir in the front. however radiator support is only possible at the front from what it looks like? how would that fare for air flow for the GPU?
the Meshify 2 XL on the other hand I'm not sure I'd fit all my drives + pump/res inside?

anyone that can help me make decide, has some insights or can point me in some other direction?

thanks
I’ve got the pro 2 with a 480mm and 360mm radiator. About to add the mini itx system in bottom. Plenty of space.

Solution
Jul 28, 2021
Corsair just released the 7000d airflow, definitely a better option than the meshify 2 xl. I’ve got the meshify c currently and not impressed at all, will be going bigger myself.

Hadn’t even looked over the thermaltake and phanteks cases yet, I might have to look into those. I’m sticking with 420mm aio so my build is a bit simpler.

thanks for the reply. the 7000d looks quite nice.

I got a decent deal on the Phanteks 719 and closed the deal though. I must say, it's quite nice. there's certainly better cases to get the most rad space out of however with the PSU behind the mainboard tray there's so much space to store drives, pumps, etc, it's truely amazing. have mounted my radiator front with 2 exhaust fans rear and top, temps are absolutely fine so far.

Jul 28, 2021
Hard to say what would work better for your setup but for price and fan options/airflow definitely pro 2 over 2 xl, probably 7000d airflow before the p8.

It’s a toss up between pro 2 with the lower price and bottom intake fans but a 420mm rad can only go On the front according to specs. Not much difference in size except Corsair claims a 420mm rad will fit on top even with a push/pull fan setup.

One part I’m not too sure of is room for wire routing, fans and psu depending on size with one of the 3.5” drive caddies in place. Doesn’t seem to be a very big variety on full tower cases available. I have yet to find anything other than the 7000d airflow that I could see working without too much hassle for my particular build so far.