[SOLVED] Photo apps do not recognize WiFi any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ybr

Dec 27, 2022
Hello,

I switched recently from an LTE internet to DSL internet and faced some strange problem: my photo app (I tried many - all have the same problem, e.g. Amazon Photos and Google Photos) stopped to recognize the WiFi (all other apps do). It writes just "Waiting for WiFi", although it is there.

Another interesting fact - sometimes (maybe one a day) the app does recognize the WiFi and syncs successfully...

What I tried:
  • Research the settings of the photo apps - nothing found, what can explain the problem
  • Checked all settings of my smartphone and the app (Amazon Photos)
  • Searched on the internet:
Does somebody have an idea, what can be the problem?

Regards,
Misha

Solution
Also the problem has been resolved by contacting the support (see also here for the solution with pictures: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-1165735-photo-apps-do-not-recognize-wifi-any-more). The guy said, that the WiFi being shared is of that new standard, which is not supported by my device/Amazon Photos. However... I do not know... My device is less than 6 months old (but true, it is pretty chip, so maybe they used old technologies) and all other apps work... No idea.

I will try to describe here, what the guy did (unfortunately I saw not everything - he was doing pretty fast :D ).

Also he opened the settings of my router (192.168.1.1). From there he opened "Network Setting - Wireless". Then he opened one of the tabs there. There...

Ralston18

Titan
Just to be sure about the problem:

The WiFi failure occurs only when using photo apps on your smartphone - correct?

And no other apps have any WiFi related problems - correct?

Make and model smartphone?

Are you able to test the photo apps on some other network WiFi system to determine if the problem occurs there as well?

Ybr

Dec 27, 2022
Just to be sure about the problem:

The WiFi failure occurs only when using photo apps on your smartphone - correct?

And no other apps have any WiFi related problems - correct?

Make and model smartphone?

Are you able to test the photo apps on some other network WiFi system to determine if the problem occurs there as well?
Thanks for your reply! Yes, only Amazon Photos has this problem, all other apps work correctly.

That's Motorola Moto E40.

About to test somewhere else - that's the thing. Previously I had an LTE internet, and there the problem was not present, Amazon Photos could successfully sync. Then I switched to a DSL internet, and this problem began...

Ybr

Dec 27, 2022
About firewall - is it an Android feature or should it be installed as a separate app? Because so far I know I do not have a firewall on my smartphone. At least I did not install one.

About test somewhere else. Basically it was the same smartphone. I just used LTE WiFi before and then switched to DSL WiFi. Within the LTE WiFi there were no problems with the photo app, and within DSL WiFi there is the problem described above.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to log into your Amazon Photos account and check any applicable configuration settings?

Likewise for the Amazon Photos application software hosted by the smartphone.

Could be some remaining LTE related setting. Would need to be changed to accomodate/accept DSL.

Ybr

Dec 27, 2022
Also the problem has been resolved by contacting the support (see also here for the solution with pictures: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-1165735-photo-apps-do-not-recognize-wifi-any-more). The guy said, that the WiFi being shared is of that new standard, which is not supported by my device/Amazon Photos. However... I do not know... My device is less than 6 months old (but true, it is pretty chip, so maybe they used old technologies) and all other apps work... No idea.

I will try to describe here, what the guy did (unfortunately I saw not everything - he was doing pretty fast :D ).

Also he opened the settings of my router (192.168.1.1). From there he opened "Network Setting - Wireless". Then he opened one of the tabs there. There he changed the type of WiFi to be shared (if I remember it correctly, it was selected the bottom one, something with "802.11 ... mixed" in name, and he selected the one 1-2 lines above, also with "802.11 ... mixed" in name, but a bit differently).

The guy himself said, he deactivated AC (whatever it is :D).

Hopefully it will help somebody :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.