Jun 20, 2023
When I'm playing just about any online game, I will experience these very weird ping spikes. My ping will go up to around 3000 and will make it so I cannot do anything in-game. Usually I will be in discord with my friends too and I will get a red bar but I can hear them the whole time perfectly fine and they can't hear me during these ping spikes. I can also browse the internet just fine, it just makes games completely unplayable. Some days can go by without any lag spikes happening but most days it will persist throughout the entire day. Someone please help me fix this. I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with my computer itself. And before anyone asks, yes, I've tried using a wired connection and that didn't fix it. I prefer to use a wireless connection.

https://thegeekpage.com/ping-spikes-in-windows-11-10/ I've also followed all the instructions on this website to try and fix it and that also didn't work.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...oblem.3578918/?order=vote_score#post-21607160 I also found this thread where this person has pretty much the same problem as me but all the solutions have done nothing for me

Your problem with testing on wifi is it will make you test results unreliable. This is a extremely common issue on wifi so you can never be sure if you just got unlucky and the wifi caused the problem or if the test result was from your actual issue.

Pretty standard testing. Leave a ping run to the router IP and see if you get a problem at the same time the game says you do.
In most cases if it is a actual issue with the computer the ping to the router IP will happen at the same time.

If the ping to the router is fine it is going to be much more complex. You would next do the same thing but this time ping the first ISP address. This would indicate some issue with maybe your router but also could be the ISP equipment in the path between your house and the ISP first router.

If a actual ping command shows now issue then you would start to suspect the game or something else that is not a actual network issue. Games can be really stupid. They will get stuck say doing video rendering and when they finally go look for their "ping" packet they will blame the delay on the network rather than it sitting in the buffer all that time and the game just didn't bother to read it right away.