Jun 18, 2019
I am currently having a 100 mbps internet conenction which is pretty decent to me. But I have an internet problem on my pc.

On discord and games such as CS:GO my ping often spikes to 600 and up to 1000+.

I tried running a speedtest on the web and it seems fine with average 11 ping and 100 mbps + - , and on my phone too.

I did " ping -t google.com " on CMD and it shows that ping is is above 600 and up to a 1000++ too.

I tried solving the problem with common solutions such as resarting the wifi, changed the LAN cables, and followed some tutorials on editing the regedit.

Turns out, it is still currently happening.
Please help me!

You need to always test on ethernet. Ping spikes are very common on wifi.

You could run constant ping to your router ip. You never should see much of any spike....maybe a couple extra ms here and there. Problems here likely a issue with the pc and maybe the router but you want to test a second device to determine if both have issues to the router.

Your next test is to run tracert to 8.8.8.8. You likely will see nothing strange the goal is to get the ip of the routers in the path. You want to leave a constant ping run to hop 2 ip and see if you see the spike here. This should be your ISP first router. Generally problems with the connection to your house you get packet loss but you might see delays. Most times delays on this hop are because you are over using your connection. That is unlikely with a 100mbps internet, at least I hope you would know if there is another device in your house eating that much bandwidth.

If you see nothing to both your router and to the ISP router then you can try other hops in the trace. These are very hard to fix since they could represent issues between ISP

Jun 18, 2019
You need to always test on ethernet. Ping spikes are very common on wifi.

You could run constant ping to your router ip. You never should see much of any spike....maybe a couple extra ms here and there. Problems here likely a issue with the pc and maybe the router but you want to test a second device to determine if both have issues to the router.

Your next test is to run tracert to 8.8.8.8. You likely will see nothing strange the goal is to get the ip of the routers in the path. You want to leave a constant ping run to hop 2 ip and see if you see the spike here. This should be your ISP first router. Generally problems with the connection to your house you get packet loss but you might see delays. Most times delays on this hop are because you are over using your connection. That is unlikely with a 100mbps internet, at least I hope you would know if there is another device in your house eating that much bandwidth.

If you see nothing to both your router and to the ISP router then you can try other hops in the trace. These are very hard to fix since they could represent issues between ISP
im on my pc and using ethernet as a direct connection. I tried constantly trying 8.8.8.8 and still gives ping up too 1000 often. Normal rate is 24 or 25 but when it spikes it gets up to 1000., ill try tracert

Check for congestion on your side. It's easy to check a windows pc. just open resource monitor.

To check all traffic you need to do it on the router. Log in and see if there is anything. I wouldn't say it's a common feature.

Any download or upload that uses all your bandwidth will create bufferbloat. you can get bufferbloat from any bottleneck like a weak wifi connection. so make sure your local network is faster than your WAN speeds. iperf3 is great for this. make sure 1 side is wired. don't test client and server both on wifi. If you had a big issue here your speedtests would never go over the bottleneck.

Last edited: