RediStar1234

Prominent
Jun 8, 2019
Hi,

I have my pc connected to my AVM Fritz! Wlan Repeater 1750E with an ethernet cable. The repeater is connected to my router via WIFI. I've never had problems but recently I started to get Ping spikes and packet-loss. It isnt my connection to the repeater because I ran multiple ping tests to the repeater and every ping-package is under 1ms. I would like to ask how I can fix this or how I can check which device is responsible for the ping spikes.

Solution
It might help to run the repeater as a client-bridge rather than a repeater if you don't need to connect to the repeater via wifi.

You do not have to change anything is the major issue with wifi. It likely is a neighbor got a new router that is now interfering. It depends on how your repeater functions. If it can connect to the main router via either 2.4g or 5g maybe choosing the other might help. Maybe there is less interference on the other.
Does your pc have a wifi card. How does it compare directly connecting to the router rather than going via the repeater.
Ping spikes are almost always a result of interference on the wifi network. It almost always is coming from outside your house so you can not fix it. You have very few options. It is the standard try a different radio channel, try the 2.4g or 5g band, maybe set the channel width to 20mhz .

Pretty much it is something you learn to live with when you use wifi.

RediStar1234

Prominent
Jun 8, 2019
Does your pc have a wifi card. How does it compare directly connecting to the router rather than going via the repeater.
Ping spikes are almost always a result of interference on the wifi network. It almost always is coming from outside your house so you can not fix it. You have very few options. It is the standard try a different radio channel, try the 2.4g or 5g band, maybe set the channel width to 20mhz .

Pretty much it is something you learn to live with when you use wifi.
My pc doesn't have a WiFi card thats why i plugged it in with an ethernet cable to my repeater. The problem is, it wasn't always like that. it started like 1-2 months ago but I changed nothing at that time. My maybe it could be that my repeater is always searching for new devices to connect but idk how to disable that.

It might help to run the repeater as a client-bridge rather than a repeater if you don't need to connect to the repeater via wifi.

You do not have to change anything is the major issue with wifi. It likely is a neighbor got a new router that is now interfering. It depends on how your repeater functions. If it can connect to the main router via either 2.4g or 5g maybe choosing the other might help. Maybe there is less interference on the other.

Solution