pixel shaders v1.1

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi there,

I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up with an
error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
v.1.1 in it.

Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?

Thanks,

Gordon

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Both. The Pixel shader is a hardware acceleration feature and needs tobe
supported by your graphics card. Furthermore you need the latest drivers and
DirectX runtime too.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media

"Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up with
> an
> error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
> v.1.1 in it.
>
> Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
> machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hi Rehan,

I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....

Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?

Thanks,

Gordon

"Rehan" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Both. The Pixel shader is a hardware acceleration feature and needs tobe
> supported by your graphics card. Furthermore you need the latest drivers
and
> DirectX runtime too.
>
> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP -- Digital Media
> www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am trying to install Lego Star Wars onto a machine and it comes up
with
> > an
> > error message saying can't play the game due to not having Pixel Shaders
> > v.1.1 in it.
> >
> > Does the Pixel Shaders come with the Direct X? I have Direct X 9 in the
> > machine. Or does Pixel Shaders come with the video card itself?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gordon

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
> Hi Rehan,
>
> I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....
>
> Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?

Yes it should. Have u got updated drivers from the manufacturer or
nvidia and the directx runtime from microsoft site?

--
Rehan
MS MVP (Digital Media)

"Rehan" wrote:
> Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
> > Hi Rehan,
> >
> > I have a GeForce 4 Nvidia graphics card 128 mb memory....
> >
> > Shouldn't it be working with that graphics card?
> >

> Yes it should. Have u got updated drivers from the
> manufacturer or
> nvidia and the directx runtime from microsoft site?
>
> --
> Rehan
> MS MVP (Digital Media)
> www.rehanfx.org -- get effects & transitions for MM2

To me it says that my graphic card cant support the pixel shaders
v1.1. My graphic card is a GForce 4 MX whith 64mb of memory. Shouldnt
it work aswell? I have the latest driver installed so i dont
understand

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Video-pixel-shaders-v1-ftopict543431.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1733590

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.directx.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

The GeForce4 does not have hardware pixel shader support.

You'll need to get a more modern video card.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User