Playstation 4 Networking capabilities is sad...

Johnabcs1

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi, the PS4's broadwidth usage is just sad... I try to play online games, however its not even able to load... funny thing is, my old xbox 360 is fine when doing this, and its farther away! My speed test is 12.5 Mb for downloading... I tried everything, any help?
(Look, I know this is a PC prioritized forum, however I feel as if other forums will not be able to help me..)

Solution
I'm assuming your doing wireless? Easiest answers are either get the PS4 closer to your router or wire it. Wired will of course give you the best speed. If you cant string some Ethernet (Cat5e or Cat6) to the router you can also try running a Ethernet over Powerline. I use a set of ZyXEL PLA5405KIT with mine and have no issues with speed. The Netgear Powerline 1200 PLP1200-100PAS (with or without the extra outlet) kit has also been pretty well reviewed.
I'm assuming your doing wireless? Easiest answers are either get the PS4 closer to your router or wire it. Wired will of course give you the best speed. If you cant string some Ethernet (Cat5e or Cat6) to the router you can also try running a Ethernet over Powerline. I use a set of ZyXEL PLA5405KIT with mine and have no issues with speed. The Netgear Powerline 1200 PLP1200-100PAS (with or without the extra outlet) kit has also been pretty well reviewed.

Solution