[SOLVED] Please help me I dont know if this is normal

Jul 12, 2020
So like 2 weeks ago I got a new computer with:
Core I7
rtx 2060 super
16 gb ram
And It is really worrying me that everytime I shut the computer down it make like one big pop noise .
I dont know if this is normal because im not really skilled with computers and stuff. And im not sure but the preformance since the week before has really went down. For example Minecraft Went from 500fps normally to this week haveing about 200-190 is this normal.
And I have a moths warranty so I need to find out.

Solution
I have a pre built pc so the only thing I know is that it is a 600 watt psu. And I here it when I shut down via windows. I only flipped the switch on the back when it is shut down already and need to un plug on the back.

Ok. If it makes the noise when you shut down from Windows, they it's 99% certain to be a normal in-rush current limiter relay in the PSU making the noise.
Which. EVGA. Power. Supply.

Even a crappy PSU like an EVGA W1 or N1 isn't going to impact your frame rate. That's something else.

I'm focusing more on the pop noise. If it's one of the better models, the pop, which should sound more like a click, should be an in-rush current relay cutting power to the primary side.

That is.. if you're talking about turning off via Windows.

The big "pop" doesn't come from you flipping the switch on the back, right?

Jul 12, 2020
Which. EVGA. Power. Supply.

Even a crappy PSU like an EVGA W1 or N1 isn't going to impact your frame rate. That's something else.

I'm focusing more on the pop noise. If it's one of the better models, the pop, which should sound more like a click, should be an in-rush current relay cutting power to the primary side.

That is.. if you're talking about turning off via Windows.

The big "pop" doesn't come from you flipping the switch on the back, right?
Ya it sounds like one click/pop but the thing that worry’s me is that it is fairly loud. Now and days are loud click noises normal in power supplies.

Jul 12, 2020
Not sure why you can't answer any of my questions.

So which EVGA 600W and does it make the pop noise when you shut down via Windows or are you flipping the on/off switch on the back of the PSU.
I have a pre built pc so the only thing I know is that it is a 600 watt psu. And I here it when I shut down via windows. I only flipped the switch on the back when it is shut down already and need to un plug on the back.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
You'll have to open the case, and look at the specs label on the PSU. That'll help to find the EXACT model number (EVGA makes a huge number of different models of PSUs).

That said, if this is a pre-built, I'd say return it under warranty and ask for a replacement.

Ok. If it makes the noise when you shut down from Windows, they it's 99% certain to be a normal in-rush current limiter relay in the PSU making the noise.

Solution