Sep 10, 2023
i recently got a new laptop to play games(it isn't much ik but it'll do just fine for me)

its a hp victus with radeon rx5500M and a ryzen 4600h cpu
ive been getting screen tearing and frame issues in valorant which should not be happening normally

so when i play the game normally(in fullscreen) the game just caps itself to 60fps and theres a lot of screen tear but when i put the game in windowed mode i get no screentearing and 200-300 fps
i really dont know whats wrong, and now the screentearing happens in all games in my laptop( im playing halo:mcc)

ive tried every settings in the amd driver software and tried a lot of things but theres so fix to this issue

hoping to get this fixed cause this is very annoying

thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First make sure you're on the latest update for your OS, then check to see if your BIOS is pending any updates. Following that, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reboot the laptop and then tax it with the games you've tried thus far.

Sep 10, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First make sure you're on the latest update for your OS, then check to see if your BIOS is pending any updates. Following that, use DDU to remove all GPU drivers off your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Reboot the laptop and then tax it with the games you've tried thus far.
done all of them, but still the issues pertain...