Please Help, my monitor is black when I turn on my compute but when I turn it off it says no display!

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is I have tried a lot of things and i'm thinging of going through repairs. I recently took off the thermal paste off the cpu I dont know if that is why I cant boot into windows though. I tried putting my ram into different slots and made it was in all the way. If someone could please help it would be appreciated.

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-desktop-intel-core-i5-7400-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5712949.p?skuId=5712949 I know that buying a pc is stupid in some cases but I wanted to make sure I didn't mess up. I actually haven't checked all the harddrive cables I will do that once I get back from a school. Anyway I've been playing on this for I think 3 or 4 months now

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018

I have plugged in my hdmi cable into the motherboard but the same thing happens. I turn on the monitor switch to the cord I'm using And the monitor turns itself off and yes I have taken my graphics card out of its socket and put it back in

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018

Btw do you think my CPU would be burnt out? I only tried to turn on my computer. My friend won't lend me anything since he doesn't trust me

gigantusmagnus

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Thermal paste acts as a bridge for heat from cpu to heatsink, it fills the room and transfer heat in a way that air cant do (I dont know what to write but basically its like this)
Without thermal paste, cpu will overheat extremely faster than with one, as such, just booting will causes cpu to overheat in just matter of seconds (I have tested this)
Prolonged cpu use without thermal paste will damaged not only cpu, but other hardwares

When you trying to use iGPU, have you remove the GPU?, normally using dedicated gpu disables iGPU

Or, have you tried another hdmi cables?

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018

Well, I applied thermal paste, and I removed the GPU and plugged my HDMI into my pc. Whenever I was on my CPU I was playing a game called rainbow six siege which puts a lot of strain on the CPU. But whenever I figured out why my pc was overheating I shut it off. After that, I was still able to turn the computer on with no problems, so I'm not completely sure. My CPU still heats up. I don't know if I have mentioned that yet.
:) this isn't the full solution though

playerminecraft064

Prominent
Mar 6, 2018
I have figured out the problem, turns out my ram was not in properly. Make sure you press down hard on the ram and make sure it lock automatically. I thought my motherboard was different and I had to manually lock it :( turns out I was wrong. Thank you gigantusmagnus for trying to help.