Please help! Overclock/Sabertooth P67 issue.

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hi, I have a Sabertooth P67 B3 Motherboard and an I5 2500K CPU
my problem is that every time i set the AI OVERCLOCK TUNER to manual the turbo ratio and the INTERNAL PLL OVERVOLTAGE settings does not show up.
when i click to manual the BCLK/PEG FREQUENCY option appears and that is all.
i cant overclock my 2500k as the settings dont come up.
any ideas and feedback on a possible fix?
thankyou =)

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
haha didnt say i did touch BLCK just said that thats the only option that appears
and how do i fix my bios issue then? do a reinstall update of the latest bios again?

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Thats what im trying to do but the options dont appear on the bios for me to overclock
the setting options dont appear on the bios
just wanted to know how come their not showing when they use to

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I've tried that it stays on 33 even if i type a different number in
and i updated my bios about 2 months ago worked fine then eventually i had this problem.
if anything is over clocked on my pc it doesn't boot, the screen is just black until i reset the CMOS

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Yeah same here I dont know why its doing this either guess ill have to contact Asus.
Previous Bios version worked fine when I over clocked and then I decided after like 3 months to update my bios to the latest version and after that it worked fine and then this problem occurred and its not showing all the options on the bios when I switch to manual. :/

zander1983

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
No OC issues here with my P67 Sabertooth.

I've only changed to OC all cores, BIOS OC Profile to Maximum, and then in Windows used AI to chaneg multiplier to 46 to get 4.6GHz stable.

I have not touched anything else.

My suggestion will to default everything and don't play around with voltages etc

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
my bios doesn't show the options Turbo Ratio so i cannot set to all cores and i cannot set the multiplier because it wont show. As well as Internal PLL Overvoltage .

There we go. I fixed it for ya.

img0188ib.jpg

CPU Power Management -> and set Turbo Ratio to Maximum Turbo Ratio Setting in BIOS. Then you should see the Turbo Ratios appear and be able to change them.

How the manual describes it (again, in the CPU Power Management menu)
capture10q.png

For future reference, you can just use the main CPU Ratio instead of the Turbo ratios, as well (CPU Ratio in the same CPU Power Management menu).

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hey i went to CPU Power Management and for the Turbo Ratio there's only Enable And Disable options there isn't a Maximum turbo ratio setting
I also tried the CPU Ratio but as soon as i change the number past 33 and press enter it changes back to default everytime but it stays when i type the number lower than 33
am i missing something thats causing this?

eddie z

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Have you updated to the latest BIOS version on the Asus website?

Xerah

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Yes i have Bios version 3302 which is the latest and tried updating it again with the same version of bios and still has the same issue then i decided to reinstalled my cpu and its still the same

NDferro

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
When ASUS Released The 3302 Bios they screwed everything up. Over clocking doesn't work and Using ram faster than 1333 doesn't work (ANYMORE)
Iv'e contacted Asus and surprise, surprise they don't give a crap, Said we don't support over clocking of CPU's or using ram faster than Intel spec of 1333. If you can find someway to go back to the last 2XXX series of bios everything would work again you, me & 100,000 other people would like to go back but Asus has disabled Downgrading bios'

It's Been 6 Months Since the last Bios Update so Asus has clearly Abandoned this motherboard for there newer Socket-ed motherboards
for over 2 years every 2 - 3 Months they have released a updated bios for this Series of boards then as they always do they release one last garbage bios to screw up the bored Maybe Force Upgrade?

YOU CAN DOWNGRADE TO A PREVIOUS BIOS VERSION FALLOWING THESE DIRECTIONS HERE

http://smarttechtips.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-donwngrade-asus-bios.html