Question Please Help!! PC black screen only when gaming!

shepherdlover2

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2017
Hello I'm hoping I could get some help. I've been playing a few games over the week like Black Myth Wukong and Ghost of Tsushima and at random times while playing my Monitor will just go to black and the game will still have sound in the background. I can't do anything so I have to restart. I can't even Ctrl+shift to reset the driver.

My specs are
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Extreme XI
CPU: i9900k
GPU: 3090 TI Founders Edition
Power supply: Asus ROG 1000w which I just got a year ago
Monitor: Alienware AW2138DW
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance

My temps are always stable because the PC is water cooled and never goes over 62c for either CPU or GPU. I used DDU, reinstalled and it worked for about 3 hours and went to Black again. Drivers are up to date and windows updates too. Benchmarked with 3D Mark and nothing happened. Right now I am testing a new DisplayPort cable. Bios is up to date also. The weird thing is before I uninstalled my GPU drivers whenever I would log in my screen would flicker black for about 2 seconds but after I reinstalled all of the drivers it wouldn't do it anymore and once it turned to Black again it started again. Im current doing a stress test with Furmark and Im at the 30min mark with temps at 61c usage at 98% and power at 59%. I've tried older drivers too and I also find it weird that my monitor would only go out when I'm playing games. I can do anything else all day but certain games for example FF16 i played for 5 hours with no problems but I tried God of war Ragnarok and it went out within an hour.

Lutfij

Titan
Bios is up to date also.
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

What PSU were you prior to the ROG unit? Did the older unit power the RTX3090 Ti FE?

after I reinstalled all of the drivers it wouldn't do it anymore
I assume you mean the GPU drivers and nothing else? Can you go into Device Manager and see if anything is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark?

I've tried older drivers too and I also find it weird that my monitor would only go out when I'm playing games.
Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

shepherdlover2

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2017
Bios is up to date also.
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

What PSU were you prior to the ROG unit? Did the older unit power the RTX3090 Ti FE?

after I reinstalled all of the drivers it wouldn't do it anymore
I assume you mean the GPU drivers and nothing else? Can you go into Device Manager and see if anything is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark?

I've tried older drivers too and I also find it weird that my monitor would only go out when I'm playing games.
Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
BIOS is 2004

The power supply I had before the Asus was a Corsair HX1000i and it did power the 3090ti

Yes the GPU drivers nothing is flagged with a yellow exclamation mark

I will try to run DDU again.

TRENDING THREADS