Mar 1, 2020
I have an old PC with LGA775 mobo and I want to use a graphics card, kindly please help me with your best suggestions. And please can i use any higher DDR5 graphic card with this?

Specs:
Motherboard : LGA775 DDR3
Processor: Q9650
Ram: 8 GB (4x2GB 1333MHZ)
PCIE: 2.0
PSU: will upgrade according to the card requirements

Solution
Correct. DDR5 is on the card. It won't matter with your DDR3 system. You probably even have DDR2 on your harddrive, it still works. Memory internal to a device doesn't matter to the system. The device knows how to use it.

As for which card to get I'm not sure. You are on a very old system so nothing current. Be aware that some cards want you to have the newer UEFI instead of the older bios found in your system. A bios won't know how to boot the GPU so you'll have a black screen. If you stick with older cards you shouldn't have any worries. I'm assuming from your name and older system you aren't in the USA and I have no clue what parts are available where you are.
Correct. DDR5 is on the card. It won't matter with your DDR3 system. You probably even have DDR2 on your harddrive, it still works. Memory internal to a device doesn't matter to the system. The device knows how to use it.

As for which card to get I'm not sure. You are on a very old system so nothing current. Be aware that some cards want you to have the newer UEFI instead of the older bios found in your system. A bios won't know how to boot the GPU so you'll have a black screen. If you stick with older cards you shouldn't have any worries. I'm assuming from your name and older system you aren't in the USA and I have no clue what parts are available where you are.

Reactions: Syed Laiq Hussain
Solution
Mar 1, 2020

Yes Sir, I am frpm Pakistan and I just upgraded my system as follows

Processor: Q9650
Ram: 16 GB (4x4GB 1333MHZ)
GPU: RX 550 4GB
PSU: 550W with 24 to 6 pin adapter for my HP Elite 8000 SFF