Please, how to connect VCR into Radeon?

anton

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001
Hi folks

I have now bought new VCR in order to see TV broadcasts trough Radeons Video In program, but I cannot see anything trough Video In screen? I connected antenna cable to Mitsubishi VCR (PAL) and from VCR´s SCART plug I put Radeons own Adapter and connect those audio and video cables into PC. Seems everything is connected properly, but still cannot see anything from Video In. I even checked the video scart connection by connecting VCR to new TV with scart cable and it worked fine.

So, my question is, why I cannot see anything then trough Radeons "Video In" program, even all seem to be plugged in correctly...I even tried all standards trough Video In program like PAL, PAL-B, and NTSC, but no go.

Does anyone have any suggestions...just very weird that I cannot see nothing at all from monitor..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Maybe hooked up wrong? The antena goes to the "cable in" on the VCR. Then a cable goes from "Video Out" on the VCR to "Video In" on the Radeon. If your trying S-Video, try composite instead. If you see nothing, try playing a tape, it could be weak reception-most VCR's give you a blue screen or black screen if the signal is weak.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

anton

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001
Theres only 3 plugs in VCR
1. Antenna in
2. Antenna out
3. SCART
...so theres no actual video out, except SCART, but I have allready tried that and cannot see anything more than a blank screen.

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
it's a european standard input/output system, the physical connection is much like your printer cable plug that enters the printer... but it looks more like a shower-head gone wrong.

Some of the tellies here in Oz have them, and you can usualy buy a SCART to composite RCA adaptor... but there might be problems with the detection of signals with the converter.

Cow with legs spread wide either dead or playing 'cello.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Must you use a scart adapter to hook up your Radeon. I ranned across this before where I was confused as hell but was educated by member at Rage3d.com that not all Radeons are built the same especially in different countries where the video standards are different. He actually sent me a picture of an adapter which he had to use to hook up the radeon to his VCR. Since then I've have deleted the photo which I wished I had so that I could show you how he hooked up his Radeon. Post your question at Rage3d.com, someone there should be able to help you out.

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I presume that you have already tried connecting the antenna directly to the radeon. If not try this first. Then try connecting through the VCR with the antenna out port on the VCR.
As Noko said your problem is more than likely your Scart connection.

From experience I've found that antenna->Scart and Scart->Scart connections have a better success rate than Scart->antenna.

Your best set up should be
1. antenna to Antenna-In on VCR.
2. Antenna-Out on VCR to Video-In on Radeon.
3. Video-Out on Radeon to Scart-2 on TV.
4. Scart-1 on VCR to Scart-1 on TV.

If you want to record from the Radeon output to VCR. Put a 'Y' cable spreader on the back of the Radeon Video-Out. Then connect one of the 'Y' sides to the TV Scart-2, and other to the Video Scart-2 (Should be labelled scart-in).

I could draw a diagram if you want but it will be pathetic and I need your e-mail address to send it to as I've no we site.

<font color=blue>Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!</font color=blue>