"Please power down and connect the pcie power cables..." GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltyJuliian

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Hey guys,
i am running a gtx970 with a ASUS B85M-E Motherboard and a CORSAIR VS 450.
The Pc was running about a month without problems, but when i turned it on today, after i logged in into windows the monitor went white for a second and then went black. The pc was not responding and i shut him down. After i turned him on again i got this message.

Can anyone help me?
Tanks in advance.

(English is not my first language.)

saltyJuliian

Reputable
May 12, 2015

1) it was built a month ago
2) on the Graphic Card are 2 & 6 Pins, both connected

Kamicase92

Reputable
Sep 18, 2015
Hello,
apparently this is a common thing these days with these 970 vga's. I got my pc built 1 month after yours and i got the same problem.
It might be something electrical affecting the vga, like remaining electricity in the board. (not sure tho)
But what i do works. I turn off my PC and energy and i press the power button some times to 'push' that electricity away. Sometimes only this works, when it doesnt work, I (after doing already the 'push' thing) let my pc on for 5 minutes on the screen with the message "Please power down and connect the pcie power cables...". Then i press RESET and it works all the time.
Hope this helps.

MTommo

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Exact same problem, how I fixed it: switch off the psu or unplug the computer from the mains power. With the power disconnected turn the computer on, it should fire up for a second before dying. Now reconnect the power and it should be fine. No idea why, but it did the trick for me.

crowbgd

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Hi
I have one new GTX 680.She stood for a year, and yesterday I tried to fix it, because I do computer repair shops. After 4 hours I left her standing. Later I was involved and to my surprise she turned on and entered the WIN and everything is done to 2 hours. Again the same problem appeared. I think it comes to a cold solder ....

harder

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016

i have the same problem.. is the problem is PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.