[SOLVED] Please recommend a solid 1000-1200w PSU ?

__blackha7__

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
Hello,
My PSU (FSP Hydro G 750W) just died, and I’m looking to buy a new one.
Please recommend a solid 1000-1200w, I have two AIOs, NZXT X62 for the CPU and RTX3090 Waterforce for the GPU. Also have 6 fans and two RGB controllers. Must handle everything, thanks in advance!

Solution
PC power requirements are primarily gated by the graphics card.
Your 750w unit was doing the job.
Here is a handy chart:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

I have no problem with overprovisioning a psu.
It will only consume the wattage demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.
I do think 1000-1200w May be a bit much.
The trend is to reduce the power demands of components.

The simple way to determine quality is to look at the warranty.
Look for a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Corsair rm or seasonic GX for example.
PC power requirements are primarily gated by the graphics card.
Your 750w unit was doing the job.
Here is a handy chart:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

I have no problem with overprovisioning a psu.
It will only consume the wattage demanded of it, regardless of the max capability.
I do think 1000-1200w May be a bit much.
The trend is to reduce the power demands of components.

The simple way to determine quality is to look at the warranty.
Look for a 7 to 10 year warranty.
Corsair rm or seasonic GX for example.

Solution

awayagain

Reputable
Jun 27, 2018
the best of best for me since my friend got it paired with 64gb ram ryzen 5800x and rtx 3090 and works perfect is the Seasonic Prime Titanium TX-1000 with a 12 years warrenty ... but kinda expensive
but the best overall price power delivery is the bequit dark power 12 pro
followed by the superflower LEADEX V Gold PRO 1000W

Eugene$$

Reputable
Dec 15, 2019
They're lying. There are a whole lot of people having these issues with post-2019 Prime GX/PX/TX, and JonnyGURU, Corsair's PSU department head have confirmed it too just the last year, because Corsair AX was made by Seasonic.

i returned my evga g6 since it had coil whine that annoying me, evga g6 was perfect in its size, corsair rmx 1000w is too big , i don't see leadex 1kW in amazon nor in my country, there is a thin of variety of compact 1kw psus, i also have seasonic prime gx in my pc that i bought in 2019 doing its job, i take care of him, sure, i dont have high end gpu now (like 3080, 3090)so i cant tell if this issue is persist, seasonic focus gx is also good, but prime has more connections.

Hello,
My PSU (FSP Hydro G 750W) just died, and I’m looking to buy a new one.
Please recommend a solid 1000-1200w, I have two AIOs, NZXT X62 for the CPU and RTX3090 Waterforce for the GPU. Also have 6 fans and two RGB controllers. Must handle everything, thanks in advance!

A 1000W for your system is really overkill however if you want the best and intend any Overclocks, and can afford it then I would recommend:

Seasonic Prime Titanium TX-1000

• MICRO TOLERANCE LOAD REGULATION (under 0.5 %): This impressive electrical performance and stability makes this power supply an ideal choice for high-performance systems.
  • FULL MODULAR - Use only the cables you need to reduce clutter and improve airflow for a better ventilated system.
  • 80 PLUS TITANIUM - Less energy gets wasted during power conversion; Cut down your electricity usage and be Eco-Friendly.
  • PREMIUM HYBRID FAN CONTROL: Unsurpassed silent performance in Fanless Mode. The fan control button at the back of the power supply allows users to customize cooling needs by selecting between Seasonic S2FC (fan control without Fanless Mode) and S3FC (fan control including Fanless Mode).
  • 12 YEAR WORRY-FREE WARRANTY:
Newegg - $290
Amazon - $706 Go figure.