Question Please suggest a laptop with 1TB+ storage & a great display

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Hi, Below are my requirements..

1. What is your budget? - 2500 AUD (Can go to 2999)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - 13in minimum, more is better.

3. What screen resolution do you want? - Any. I need a good display for pictures.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - Portable.

5. How much battery life do you need? - 3 hours minimum

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - Gaming is not the priority, I am more of a movies watcher on laptop. Gaming will be an added advantage as I have a PC for that.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - Lots of surfing, movies, may be gaming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - This is the most important. 1 TB is bare minimum, more is better.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - I saw this one but I am not sure how good it is --> https://xoticpc.com/products/asus-rog-strix-scar-17-g733qsa-xs99

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? - My current laptop Yoga 9 is still rocking since 6 years so definitely more than that.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? - Not so much need for these drives.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - Alienware or Rog were attracting me but never used them before. Razer seems nice too. Looks matter a lot to me.

13. What country do you live in? - Australia

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. - My primary factors to zero in on a laptop will be ---1. 1 TB+ HDD (or SSD) 2. Stunning Looks 3. Great screen (may be OLED) 4. Long lasting

Lutfij

Titan
The laptop you've linked above is considered to be the cream of the crop in terms of tech. Storage wise on that laptop, it's got 2x 1TB NVMe drives in RAID0. You can break the RAID array and have both SSD's working as is, meaning 2TB's of storage. You can also upgrade one of the M.2 SSD sticks for a larger capacity drive. If you're interested in gaming, can you mention the titles you're looking forward to without mentioning an etc in the sentence? From the looks of it, I don't think you need 3,000USD laptop for something that can be accomplished with a 1000USD laptop plus some DIY storage additions/mods.

Preferred site for purchase?

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
The laptop you've linked above is considered to be the cream of the crop in terms of tech. Storage wise on that laptop, it's got 2x 1TB NVMe drives in RAID0. You can break the RAID array and have both SSD's working as is, meaning 2TB's of storage. You can also upgrade one of the M.2 SSD sticks for a larger capacity drive. If you're interested in gaming, can you mention the titles you're looking forward to without mentioning an etc in the sentence? From the looks of it, I don't think you need 3,000USD laptop for something that can be accomplished with a 1000USD laptop plus some DIY storage additions/mods.

Preferred site for purchase?

hI, sorry, the games I play are - RR2, No Mans Sky, Division 2, Watch Dog Legions, and ARMA3 (if I can figure out how to play it). Presently my PC only give me 50 FPS so anything more is good.

So yes, if 3000 USD laptop is overkill please suggest which one you recommend. I saw some laptops with OLED screen, are they any good? Can they come in my budget?

I usually buy my stuff from Amazon Australia but never bought a laptop online before. I did buy a graphic card from https://www.mwave.com.au/.

Thanks