Plextor 12x

G

I have the new Plextor 12x IDE CD-RW and am having problems with an older VIA chipset. I am planning on getting a new Asus A7-V m/b and want to know if any of those who have said how great it is have it running succesfully using a VIA chipset.

G

What does happen with your Plextor then? Have you emailed them and asked them for a fix? Have you tried flashing the latest 1.07 firmware?

G

I have all the latest upgrades for the firmware as well as the via busmaster drivers. I have had several e-mail back adn forth with plextor as well as via. It will only burn at 1x using the adaptec cd creator. It won't even give me the choice to burn at speeds greater than 1x. Regardless though I have planned on buying a new system for quite awhile and would like to know if anyone has the KT133 via chipset as that is what I am hoping to purchase.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i'm using the 12x/10x/32x plextor on an epox ep-8kta+ mobo (kt133 chipset) and i use adaptec direct cd, ez-cd creator, and the plextor software sometimes and i haven't had one error or coaster after burning at least 50 cd's