[SOLVED] Plug 1 extra USB slot and PC freezes on BIOS flash screen ?

RepoMoB

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2014
I recently downgrade from RTX 2070 Super to GT 1030

GT 1030 doesn't require any external power from PSU

When I plug in all my devices into the USB slot, it will stuck in the BIOS flash screen.

I tried remove 1 of the devices from the USB slot, the computer start up fine and I can plug back in and it work fine, the USB slot is not defective, I had tried this with other USB slot. (At the back section)

This problem does not arise when I move one of the devices to plug to the front USB slot , then the computer work fine. (Front section)

But I would like to know what is the problem , is the GPU defective ?

Motherboard : Giggabyte B450i AORUS WiFi
Processor : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : GT 1030
PSU : 650w GOLD
RAM : 16GB

Solution
650W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, while GOLD is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. Mind sharing the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age? Speaking of model, when you swapped the GPU out, did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers, prior to removing the RTX2070Super from the build? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with at the time of writing?

Please list all your USB devices for the sake of relevance on this thread.

Lutfij

Titan
650W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, while GOLD is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. Mind sharing the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age? Speaking of model, when you swapped the GPU out, did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers, prior to removing the RTX2070Super from the build? As for your motherboard, what BIOS version are you working with at the time of writing?

Please list all your USB devices for the sake of relevance on this thread.

Reactions: RepoMoB
Solution

RepoMoB

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2014
PSU : FSP DAGGER 650W Pro 80+ Gold SFX PSU FULL MODULAR

All of the pc part age 2020

Not, I did not use DDU to remove the RTX 2070 super driver.

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F51, 29-Jul-20

1. Razer Keyboard
  2. Razer Mouse
  3. Razer Headphone
  4. Webcam
  5. Speaker