Plugging pump into CPU Fan header

Akshayxd

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Hi guys,
So I've been having some trouble with my Nepton 240M. Recently I started getting overheating issues, and decided to get rid of the dust.

So after doing that, I tried connecting it back as normal, pump to the chassis fan header and radiator fans to the cpu fan header. However, when I turned on my PC the pump didn't run, and I noticed my CPU temps going up to 80C in the bios.

So I swapped the cables around, and noticed the pump started running but the radiator was not, and my CPU temps were at 31C.

Based on this I concluded that my chassis fan header had broke, and switched to using the stock cooler. Since then, I had two blue screens with 0x0124 errors, and tried stress testing my CPU, which gave the same error upon reaching 90C, a blue screen with that error.

Is there a way I can rewire my 240M so I can keep my CPU cool but have both radiator fan and pump running? I found out today I can get an adaptor that will put the radiator fans straight to the psu, and also plug the pump into the cpu fan header ? Will this cause any issues since in the manual it says to plug the pump into the chassis fan header? Or would it be possible to plug the pump straight to the psu?

My specs are:
- i7 4790K @ 4ghz
- Asus b85m-g motherboard
- 16 GB ram
- gtx 960

Get said adapter you are talking about, and use it for the pump.
Its not ideal, but its basically the same idea (runs at full speed).

You also have some other issues if you blue screening with the stock cooler. Yeah it isnt great, but thats another story.

Akshayxd

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
I did notice recently that my computer would lag shortly after booting , as I'd be watching a YouTube video and I would have to wait for it to pass before I could do anything.