Polytron Unveils World's First Fully Transparent Smartphone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UVB076

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]This could easily be fixed if they coat the back with a one way mirror.[/citation]
Old but one way mirrors don't actually exist. They're two way mirrors, but one side is far darker than the other so that not much light goes through.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
It's an interesting concept, but I honestly can't see how anyone would be interested in a transparent phone unless they just wanna have a conversation topic with folks who see their phone.

stoppablemurph

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Actually, for those asking about the battery, I believe it is possible to make see through batteries with graphene. I would love to start seeing graphene in consumer tech next year too!

G

Love how all the circuit traces are also transparent and the 2 chips are connected by nothing. Even more amazing is how they made a phone with only one chip plus a micro SD inserted. Even more amazing is how the camera is also not connected to anything, along with the crooked piece of plastic with the "1" on it.

Even more amazing than that is how gullible most people here are, believing this works. I'd bet anything 90% of them are also apple fans since being credulous goes hand in hand with apple worship..

InvalidError

Titan

Traces less than a micron thick and wide would be practically invisible to the naked eye. At best, you may notice different shades of grey or transparency depending on how densely packed traces and on-glass electronics are around any given area.

You do not need 2oz copper planes for (ultra-)low-power electronics.

Next time you have a broken digital watch, take it apart to extract the LCD. The connection between the watch's PCB and LCD is usually done using a "rubber bridge" and the electrical contacts on the LCD glass are nearly invisible - you have to tilt the LCD at the right angle relative to your light source to make them visible due to differences in optical properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS