[SOLVED] Port Forwarding does not work help

Oct 5, 2019
I've tried everything I've seen on the internet. I got into my router, go to port forward, set the name, my protocol are TCP and UDP together, my LAN host I put my IPv4 address, set the WAN Port and LAN Host Port to 25565 in each box and rebooted my router for good measure. I can access my server just fine using my public IP address but my friends can't. I go on the internet to check if my port is open but it says it's closed. I tried disabling my Anti-Virus, says it's close. I tried disabling my firewall and my AV at the same time, still closed. So I don't know what to do anymore, can someone please help me with that?

My router is a ZTE ZXHN H298A "Xplornet Hub 2.0"

Solution
If the ip you have on your wan port of your router is different then the port checker shows then it is game over.

This means a there is another router in the path that is doing NAT. You likely share a public with mulitple other customers of your ISP. You would need port forwarding in the ISP router.

You will have to see if your ISP offers public ip....note this is different than static ip.
How do you test accessing your public IP yourself. Are you using a cell phone or something connected to a different network or are you just using a wifi device on your current network.

A common cause of this is if you do not really have a public ip address. It the IP you see in the wan setting on the router the same as the ip you see in the port scanners or sites like whatsmyip. If they are different then you do not have a public ip.

ISP seldom block ports. If they do it is going to be ports like 80 or 443 because people that do not know what they are doing set up web servers that get attacked and compromised.

After this it gets complex because you don't really know if your machine is not getting the packets in the first place or is getting them but not responding. You can load wireshark to figure this out but it is kinda a complex tool since it captures all traffic.

Oct 5, 2019
How do you test accessing your public IP yourself. Are you using a cell phone or something connected to a different network or are you just using a wifi device on your current network.

A common cause of this is if you do not really have a public ip address. It the IP you see in the wan setting on the router the same as the ip you see in the port scanners or sites like whatsmyip. If they are different then you do not have a public ip.

ISP seldom block ports. If they do it is going to be ports like 80 or 443 because people that do not know what they are doing set up web servers that get attacked and compromised.

After this it gets complex because you don't really know if your machine is not getting the packets in the first place or is getting them but not responding. You can load wireshark to figure this out but it is kinda a complex tool since it captures all traffic.

I used my computer who's hosting the server to test the access, and I use this site http://www.portchecktool.com/ and yes the IP is different then my IPv4. And also I tried with my friend, giving him my IP and testing it on this site and it only says "Connection timed out"

And yeah I don't know how to use wireshark at all

Last edited:
If the ip you have on your wan port of your router is different then the port checker shows then it is game over.

This means a there is another router in the path that is doing NAT. You likely share a public with mulitple other customers of your ISP. You would need port forwarding in the ISP router.

You will have to see if your ISP offers public ip....note this is different than static ip.

Solution
Oct 5, 2019

I just called them, and they confirmed they have 2 NAT and for the time being we can't host anything on LTE yet.. But they say they're working on it for the future so I can't host at the moment.