[SOLVED] Port forwarding drops connection

Jun 5, 2021
Good day all, need help urgent as other posts I have seen of this were from 2009, I’m hosting an MC server while I stream to twitch, it won’t be immediate but maybe like 30min after the server has been opened the internet connection to the PC drops, it is wired and the modem is a Huwaei if that’s how you spell it right,

mum just gonna list all specs for PC in case of that
Ryzen 7 5800x
16GB DDR4 3200
RTX 2060 6 GB
B550f motherboard Rog

download speed is 26MB/s
Upload 10MB/s

I have done the port forwarding properly, I am using a DDNS but it’s not the problem as this has happened to me when I use to run a terraria server with the same modem

modem is up to date

Solution
Maybe a different router would show something, your problem is really strange. I can see a pc getting messed up by hosting servers but for a router in the path to have problems is unusual. I have seen routers crash because of traffic load but that affects all machines using the router

kanewolf

Titan
Good day all, need help urgent as other posts I have seen of this were from 2009, I’m hosting an MC server while I stream to twitch, it won’t be immediate but maybe like 30min after the server has been opened the internet connection to the PC drops, it is wired and the modem is a Huwaei if that’s how you spell it right,

mum just gonna list all specs for PC in case of that
Ryzen 7 5800x
16GB DDR4 3200
RTX 2060 6 GB
B550f motherboard Rog

download speed is 26MB/s
Upload 10MB/s

I have done the port forwarding properly, I am using a DDNS but it’s not the problem as this has happened to me when I use to run a terraria server with the same modem

modem is up to date
Generally port forwarding is all or nothing. So does the rest of your network stop?

Jun 5, 2021
What do you mean "drops". Is it acting like the ethernet port is going down or is it something else. What happens if you attempt to ping the router IP. How do you get it to be functional again.
Like fully lose connection to the internet, I have to restart the router in order to get internet connection again, even if I unplug the Ethernet cable abs plug it back in, still won’t gain connection

You have to restart the router but it only affects 1 PC ?

What happens if your restart the PC instead.

This doesn't make a lot of sense. For the router to get messed up and only affect 1 pc it almost has to be some software bug. See if there is newer firmware for your router.

Jun 5, 2021
I know this is very late into the week, my apologies, yes I have done a firmware update on the router, it only does disconnect my Pc and nothing else, it’s whenever someone out of My country connects for some reason, but sometimes in my country this is very confusing for me aswell as I have port forwarding for years :(

Before you reboot the router try to ping the router IP from both the pc that is broken as well as another device.

The only thing I can think of is somehow the NAT table is getting messed up in the router. That would affect just 1 machine. This would be a bug but I don't know how you can test for it or even look at NAT stuff in most consumer routers.

Maybe a different router would show something, your problem is really strange. I can see a pc getting messed up by hosting servers but for a router in the path to have problems is unusual. I have seen routers crash because of traffic load but that affects all machines using the router

Solution