[SOLVED] Port forwarding not working for GT-AX11000 router

Bannable

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I bought this router just under a month ago and I haven't been able to port forward since I bought the router. I have port forwarded numerous times on many different routers and providers, but I am unable to port forward with this router. I have not changed anything in our network since the previous router we had, which I had port forwarded on. The reason I am posting here is that Asus wouldn't let me start a live chat since I bought it through BestBuy, who then told me that I needed to come into GeekSquad to diagnose. I would rather try all of my options online than come into BestBuy. I am trying to port forward port 32400 on local IP 192.168.50.17 and I attached a screenshot of what my port forwarding looks like. Thanks all for your help!

Also, is there any better way to attach an image than to make an Imgur link?

View: https://imgur.com/a/iv0uLDG

Solution
Many times you must reboot your modem if you change the device...at least with a cable modem.

This should put your PC directly on the internet with the public ip assigned directly to the ethernet port. If everything works except the server function there must be something else blocking it. Local firewall on the PC maybe. The firewall is by default set to a higher level when it detects you are on the internet direclty.
I would first try to connect directly to the modem to make sure all your software is right and the ISP is not somehow blocking your traffic.

There is not much else to the port forwarding rules. Then again that is a fancy router so I would factory reset it and then put in the rule again. Configure only what is essential to get it up and running. You can add the other stuff back once it works, that way if you break it you know which feature did it.

Bannable

Honorable
Jun 13, 2017
I would first try to connect directly to the modem to make sure all your software is right and the ISP is not somehow blocking your traffic.

There is not much else to the port forwarding rules. Then again that is a fancy router so I would factory reset it and then put in the rule again. Configure only what is essential to get it up and running. You can add the other stuff back once it works, that way if you break it you know which feature did it.
I tried doing it directly from the modem and it did not work. I assume I should change something with the mode, do you know what that would be?

Many times you must reboot your modem if you change the device...at least with a cable modem.

This should put your PC directly on the internet with the public ip assigned directly to the ethernet port. If everything works except the server function there must be something else blocking it. Local firewall on the PC maybe. The firewall is by default set to a higher level when it detects you are on the internet direclty.

Solution