Its quite easy, in fact i think that if you just google it in then you will
get thousands of hits. The only problem you may have is getting an image
editor that supports the Targa (.tga) format. I originally thought of using
paint but it didnt support that, neither did photoshop. Can you just save it
as a .tga?

"Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Its quite easy, in fact i think that if you just google it in then you
> will
> get thousands of hits. The only problem you may have is getting an image
> editor that supports the Targa (.tga) format. I originally thought of
> using
> paint but it didnt support that, neither did photoshop. Can you just save
> it
> as a .tga?
>
>> Can you make and add your own portraits into NWN? How? And into what file
>> directory?

Download the demo of Paintshop Pro. That will handle the tga files. Be
advised that any variation is the sizes has a good chance of freezing the
game.

"Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Its quite easy, in fact i think that if you just google it in then you
> will
> get thousands of hits.

Yes - 2710.
Trouble is, not one actually answers the question "Can you make and add your
own portraits into NWN? How? And into what file directory?" :eek:)

Take for example on#e of the more promising hits
http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/portraits.html - "Step 2. Create your custom
portrait, whatever it may be, in the 'portrait' area" - where IS the
portrait area?

"Manky Badger" <spam@puritanDOTfreeserve.FULLSTOPcoSPOTuk> wrote in message

> "Dan Hicks" <DanielHiccking@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>> Its quite easy, in fact i think that if you just google it in then you
>> will
>> get thousands of hits.
>
> Yes - 2710.
> Trouble is, not one actually answers the question "Can you make and add
> your own portraits into NWN? How? And into what file directory?" :eek:)
>
> Take for example on#e of the more promising hits
> http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/portraits.html - "Step 2. Create your
> custom portrait, whatever it may be, in the 'portrait' area" - where IS
> the portrait area?

Ok - my bad !!

Same link bit further down - stick them into
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\portraits or whatever drive letter it's on and it
works !!

Just try the main Bioware site - there are thousands of portraits for
Download - you can work out what size and format should be from them. They
go in your portraits folder.

Best wishes
Maxon

Dan Hicks wrote:
> Its quite easy, in fact i think that if you just google it in then you will
> get thousands of hits. The only problem you may have is getting an image
> editor that supports the Targa (.tga) format. I originally thought of using
> paint but it didnt support that, neither did photoshop. Can you just save it
> as a .tga?

Download the free IrfanView program. It will convert your images to .tga
format.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications